Author Topic: Korea practice map w/correct aircraft  (Read 983 times)

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Korea practice map w/correct aircraft
« on: December 16, 2015, 08:51:17 pm »
I know Relent is still working on the new map for the upcoming Korea campaign, but there is a Korea map already up on our practice server. Is there a way to possibly add in the aircraft that we will be using in the campaign. I think that we are missing some a/c on that current map.

It would be nice to get used to some of those a/c and the load-outs. I know that the A-20G is not in there, and Thrud mentioned that the Yak 9 was not there. There may be others that are missing.

Also for what it's worth, I did some testing on that map with the Bomb load's on fighter a/c like the F4U1-C. Set my bomb delay one time but changed load-outs and subsequent sorties ....... no problems and the bomb delay stayed intact. As soon as I went to a Bomber aircraft like the B-25, thats when the bomb delay problem raised its ugly head.

Just a heads up for Rel.

S!
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Korea practice map w/correct aircraft
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 10:51:10 pm »
My goal is to have the campaign files completed by Friday EOD.  At that time I should be able to generate some missions and have a test/practice map up.

As for the bomb delay, I've been testing and as long as I overtype the delay (even if it's not at 0) I haven't had any issues.

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 12:36:17 am »
I cannot get the Panther off the carrier deck with weapons and fuel! I Tried 1,000x lately...  :o

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 01:30:24 am »

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 12:29:27 pm »
The Korea53 practice map is up!

I've added some comments to this thread in the private forum below:

http://akawardogs.co/forum/index.php?topic=987.msg4325#msg4325

S! Rel

Edit - Ram, to your point, I see what you're talking about, it can be a challenge (assuming you used the catapult).  I was able to take off with the F9F with 6xHVARs and 2x500lb bombs with 70 fuel, or just the rockets and 100 fuel (full flaps).  One thing to keep in mind, you need to pull back on the stick slightly as you leave the deck, just enough to keep it level and it will stay in the air.  If you let the nose go down it seems you hit the water pretty quick.  I could try to increase the ship speed from 10 meters per second to 15, (22mph to 33mph), but then I'd need to update and lengthen the whole sea network because all ships would likely stop before the mission was up.  Let me know if this is a critical problem, otherwise I was hoping to be done with editing the campaign files! :).

The one thing I'm not sure about is why I'm not seeing the radio beacons for the two carriers, I have to research this...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 01:51:50 pm by AKA_Relent »