Author Topic: Very Poor framerates and or connection  (Read 1885 times)

Offline AKA_Wiley

• AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Very Poor framerates and or connection
« on: January 03, 2016, 07:36:06 am »
  S! ive been trying to fly BOS but I have major stutters and screen freezes to the point where it is impossible to fly I will have to upgrade vid card and or internet connection before I can fly anymore its just not doable as it is

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Very Poor framerates and or connection
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 09:25:52 am »
The Wiley - how does it play offline?  Are you seeing similar stutters, or is this just online?

Offline AKA_Wiley

• AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 09:35:52 am »
    Yes getting stutters offline as well but not quite as bad, online last night it was terrible and not flyable,i have turned down all graphics to minimum and will try that but I just need to upgrade vid card I think, I have a NVidia GT 280 now and it does very well with cliffs but BOS is a no go so far,i also have noticed that wings of liberty server for me is a medium quality connection with the yellow connection notice when ive joined
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 09:39:11 am by AKA_Wiley »

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 10:14:55 am »
Hey Wiley, how much VRAM does that card have?  BoS requires a GTX 260 with 1GB of VRAM, but that would get you bare minimum video settings.  Also other sims like DCS 1.5+ require 2GB of VRAM going forward it seems.  That's why I upgraded my GTX 560 ti 1GB to a GTX 970 4GB.  Got a good deal at Frys online for $300 with a $30 rebate.

Try to get video settings as low as you can that gets you smoother offline play and see how much that helps.  What sort of connection do you have?  You can run a speed test at speedtest.net to see your download and upload speeds - this could give you an idea of whether this is part of your issue.  Any options at your ISP for increasing your connection speed of necessary?  Obviously it costs more, just good to know what your options are :).

S! Rel
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 11:31:01 am by AKA_Relent »

Offline AKA_BUCKY

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 11:16:19 am »
Something seems fishy Wiley...  Has BOS been low in frame rates for you from the get go? 

Offline AKA_Wiley

• AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 11:30:45 am »
 No Bucky its always been stuttery sometimes worse than others,ive been progressively turning graphics down as ive been flying starting with High settings Ive turned them down to low now and will try that,my options for isp are really limited I am on dsl from phone com,my only other option would be satellite isp which from what ive learned is not very good and high costs so im stuck with dsl but I think I can upgrade to highest speed I think we have the medium speed dsl now,

Offline AKA_BUCKY

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 12:21:37 pm »
A newer card sounds better to me.  That would probably make more of a difference.  You can run cliffs but I could barely run it like what you are describing for BOS until I got the Pc with the better card and more RAM. 

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 12:22:53 pm »
No Bucky its always been stuttery sometimes worse than others,ive been progressively turning graphics down as ive been flying starting with High settings Ive turned them down to low now and will try that,my options for isp are really limited I am on dsl from phone com,my only other option would be satellite isp which from what ive learned is not very good and high costs so im stuck with dsl but I think I can upgrade to highest speed I think we have the medium speed dsl now,

Before doing any upgrades to your ISP I would recommend that you see if it's better on multiplayer just with the decreased graphics settings... no need to spend more if the main issue was your graphics card :).   Good luck Wiley, we need you up in the air so hopefully you'll get better playability soon :).

S! Rel

Offline AKA_MoGas

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 12:58:13 pm »
Im on satellite internet connection and the game runs smooth for me concerning that... Im with the others...probably need to update your graphic card. Im using a gtx 760 preforms great.

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 02:56:25 pm »
I just picked up an AMD R7 370 4G for $200 CAN which would work out to about $150 US, not the best card in the world but good value for money.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150733

The 2G version is available for $135 with a $15 rebate making it $120

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150735

AKA_Scorp

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2016, 03:09:17 pm »
Just make sure your power supply is enough for whatever card you go with.

Offline AKA_Blasto

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2016, 04:05:01 pm »
S!~
 Wiley has a Corsair 650W power supply- and the evga GTX 280 is a 1gig. Upping ones RAM from 4 or 8 gigs to 16 makes a major difference. Personally I think its both the card and the ram.

S!~ Blasto

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2016, 10:49:44 am »
Check your email Wiley.

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft