Author Topic: GreyWolf  (Read 665 times)

Offline AKA_MoGas

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
GreyWolf
« on: January 04, 2016, 09:01:41 pm »
Had his first official check ride and is set up to fly now!

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: GreyWolf
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 08:03:05 am »
Mo,

OMG, thank you for all your help in getting me setup with this game. From an old guys perspective, this game is a PITA to setup and without Mo's assistance I was at my wits end and about to walk away from the sim. MoGas had the patience to walk me thru the entire setup of my controllers and a lot of my problems were because of multiple conflicts with those devices.

I know that I subjected poor Bucky to a verbal onslaught of what I thought of the games developers and designers. I'm still in the wait and see catagory as to how I feel about the game, but for now I do feel a little bit better because I can at least get an aircraft up off the ground.

1st impresssions, Visually the game is stunning with a good graphic card and the right system requirements it does look good. I personally feel the developers went WAY, WAY, WAY overboard in regards to engine management. Very similar to what they did in CLOD, which will be a big turnoff for those IL2-1946 diehards which prefer a simplified engine management style. Personally, I think this is going to come down to some people (server hosts) will have to make adjustments (concessions) towards a much more simplified engine management style if they expect more people to fly this game. Again thats just from my perspective so don't get pissed at me for making that initial assessment.

The bouncy, bouncy while taxi'ng to the end of the runway is also over modeled and needs to be fixed with an update IMHO, also the bouncing on landing is also way overmodeled.

But at least I'm airborne.
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 09:47:23 am »
Greywolf a couple of things to note,

BOS will give you a visual warning that you are overheating your engine, it is on the right side and it is a orange square with a thermometer.

You don't have to worry about the Rads, mixture or supercharger in the German planes in BOS, it is all automatic (though on the winter maps it can be helpful to manage your Rads manually) for the F4, G2 and 190

90% of complex engine management is a set routine, once you have the routine down it is easy.  The complexity comes from using the engine management to gain an advantage in a fight, something that 95% of pilots don't do, they set up their engines and keep it that way and it works the vast majority of the time.

Though I am not an expert in BOS (I know COD very well though) I can walk you thru the basics and give you some tips if you like.

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_BUCKY

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 10:23:33 am »
No worries Grey...  LOL.  I'm glad Mo got you sorted out.   So far, I like the sim.  It's really got potential...

Excellent job Mo! 

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 08:39:08 pm »
Great to see you and everyone else tonight on TS, exciting!