Author Topic: Korea Carrier Operations in our simulation  (Read 819 times)

Offline AKA_Wayno

• Operations Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA Wardogs
    • View Profile
Korea Carrier Operations in our simulation
« on: January 05, 2016, 06:13:06 pm »
 8)Like Ram, I am having a lot of trouble with the carriers. I find it almost impossible to get the Sea Fury off of a ship. I've tried it down to 60% fuel and clean, 60% fuel and rockets, 20 mph wind over the deck, deck launches and cat!. No positive results. The Fury is very hard for me to taxi on the ship, Slides sideways and brakes do not work effectively. Result can't get it on the Catapult? I have a scenario map I made that uses 30 MPH across the deck. Still no positive results with The Sea Fury??
This version of the map on line, I cannot get the F9F to launch from the Cat. Down to 60% fuel, no ordnance, still less than 50% success on Take offs.
Is it possible that The stick settings could negatively effect carrier take offs? I have my CH stick pretty dumbied down (Response is reduced). Also, I have only 3 things in The JSGME, Is there something missing in that, that could negatively effect the carrier operations. Carrier ops in Korea were a big deal! The F9's destroyed a lot of "OX Carts"!

Offline AKA_MoGas

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Korea Carrier Operations in our simulation
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 08:14:27 pm »
Wayno do you use flaps for takeoff?

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 09:30:49 pm »
Hey Wayno... just tried both aircraft on the carrier in the dogfight server and had no issues.

With the F9F I had 6 rockets and 2 500lb bombs and 100% fuel.  Taxiied to the cat and with full flaps, some nose up trim, and waiting for the engine to spool to 110% I got airborne OK.  Initially my elevator controls were neutral and she flew straight for a second - right after I pulled the gear up I had to give it significant elevator up to keep it off the water.   If you've dumbed down your elevator controls, this may have an impact as any delays in getting your elevators to full up (or close) almost immediately will probably end in you touching water.  Try to adjust your elevator pitch slightly so less of your joystick movement equates to slightly more of your elevator movement.

I had no issues with the Sea Fury taxiing... I left it at 100% pitch and with that the engine has lots of torque.  I didn't see much sideways sliding.. maybe you were taxiing when the carrier was turning?  This is common affect when the ship turns.

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Wayno

• Operations Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 12:43:48 pm »
 8)US Navy always uses full flaps for T.O.
I have always had some settling after T.O. in the F9F but could usually keep it flying. Problem now is that even when I keep it flying it then stalls and rolls in!
What do you guys have in your JSGME? 
My Elevator F9F "input" curve goes: 5,11,18,27,37,48,60,72,86,100.

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 11:45:17 am »
I just have hsfx and expert.  Don't have my curves handy but I believe I hit 100 well before you do, right around the 7th slot.  Mine's pretty aggressive after the first 2 or 3 slots.

Try making your curve hit 100 by at least the 8th slot and ramp up the previous 2 or 3 a bit as well and see if that helps Wayno.

S! Rel