Author Topic: Ju-87 and engine damage  (Read 1205 times)

Online AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Ju-87 and engine damage
« on: January 08, 2016, 12:27:58 pm »
I was doing some quick missions with the Stuka (expert mode) and I had a heck of a time keeping the engine from getting damaged.  I thought I was overheating it but didn't see any indications.  Just that after flying for about 10 minutes it would suddenly say engine one damaged... Seems like out of the blue.  My temps were around 100c so I thought maybe they don't have much overheating tolerance.  So I changed the prop pitch to around 85 and kept the engine throttle at around 65-70% so as not to push it.  Temps stayed below 100c and it lasted longer but I evwntually damaged the engine again.  Anyone else flying the Stuka? Have you been able to avoid getting engine damage, and if so can you share your engine/prop pitch settings?

Thanks!
S! Rel

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Ju-87 and engine damage
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 12:41:20 pm »
Rel did you open the rads?  From what I can remember they are not automatic on the Stuka.

AKA_Scorp

Online AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 01:32:39 pm »
I thought so - I hit the key to close them (water and oil) and I saw the percentages go down so it seemed they were already open.  I'll double check the keys just to make sure.

By the way, I like the MG pods, wow 3 twin 7.62mm per pod plus the two standard - 14 machine guns are great for strafing :)

Offline AKA_MoGas

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 02:16:19 pm »
its same way with he111 really have to stay on top of engine power and prop rpm...i was cooking engines left and right till i figured it was mainly to high prop rpm..

Online AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 04:13:09 pm »
its same way with he111 really have to stay on top of engine power and prop rpm...i was cooking engines left and right till i figured it was mainly to high prop rpm..

Rgr, thanks Mo, I think that's the ticket, reduce prop and engine RPM along with rads open of course.  Will do a little more quick mission testing before I fly them on the campaign (Ju-87 was next after I finish getting all the Bf109F4 skins :) )...