Author Topic: DCS Flight Night Requirements  (Read 4720 times)

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: DCS Flight Night Requirements
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 10:15:27 pm »
Hey that was a lot of fun going air-to-air with everyone participating.   The Mig-21 really is at a disadvantage against any of the modern fighters - maybe we should try going Mig-21 vs Mig-21 next time.  That way we'd all able to use the radar/visuals for radar guided/IR guided missiles and not be easily out-distanced with the SARH and ARH missiles of the more modern aircraft.

S! Rel

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2016, 06:40:48 am »
@ Top, I am pretty good at flying the Huey and doing all right with landings, I need to do some mapping I have not sat in the co pilot seat and I don't have the AI commands set up.

@ Rel, yes the Mig is outclassed by the more modern jets, I think even the Mirage now is too strong for it.   Along with Mig on Mig we should work on 2 v 1 and engaging over flat land/water to really work on different air to air strategies

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Topgun

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2016, 07:21:26 pm »
Rel.  The mission is already there. 

File is at:
DCS \ DCS Training Files \ Missions \ AKA DCS 1-5 Training Daytime Ver 5-3.miz

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2016, 09:38:54 am »
Rel.  The mission is already there. 

File is at:
DCS \ DCS Training Files \ Missions \ AKA DCS 1-5 Training Daytime Ver 5-3.miz

OK thanks - I must not have noticed that sub folder.

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2016, 12:49:55 am »
Top I updated the training mission as follows:

- When the F10 menu is used to request an OPFOR aircraft to spawn, the menu item for that aircraft is removed.
- I added a respawn aircraft for each of the 6 transport aircraft in the WW2 target section
- I changed the livery of the red Mig-21bis so it has Russian markings.

The new file is "AKA DCS 1-5 Training Daytime Ver 5-4.miz" and it's in the "DCS Campaign" folder of your Dropbox.

S! Rel
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 10:07:44 am by AKA_Relent »

Offline AKA_Topgun

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2016, 11:34:21 am »
Rel.  Is there a way to 'refresh' an aircraft in the radio list?

So, for example, if someone spawns an F-15C, rather than remove it from the list you simply make it so that it will spawn snother F-15C if it is selected again later?  Then I could get rid of the group-spawn flag points as they would not be needed.

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2016, 11:41:10 am »
It can probably be done with some scripting.  Each aircraft object can only be spawned once I believe.  So there would likely need to be a few of each aircraft created with waypoints, etc (can copy/paste by the way) and have them as late activation.  Then with scripting (or some convoluted trigger logic using a lot of flags) you could keep track of each spawned aircraft with a separate flag and then set up the next available spawn.  Would have to think about it some more...

EDIT - OK Top I updated the training mission further as follows for plenty of air-to-air action upon request:

- For each of the more modern aircraft (Mig-21bis and newer), when using the F10 menu to request an OPFOR aircraft to spawn at Mozdok/Vaziani , you will be able to spawn these aircraft up to 4 times.  After that the menu item for that aircraft is removed.

- The group spawn flags near the Vaziana/MozDok airfields and the corresponding aircraft have been removed (Mig-21bis and newer aircraft)

The new file is "AKA DCS 1-5 Training Daytime Ver 5-5.miz" and it's in the "DCS Campaign" folder of your Dropbox.
Here's the link to the file on my Dropbox:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/69h85nq10b4kq09/AKA%20DCS%201-5%20Training%20Daytime%20Ver%205-5.miz?dl=0

S! Rel
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 05:15:49 pm by AKA_Relent »

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2016, 08:35:41 am »
Has anyone done a checkride for the F-5 yet?

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft