Author Topic: Ghost Skies Testing round 2  (Read 977 times)

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Ghost Skies Testing round 2
« on: April 20, 2016, 08:04:09 pm »
So Stecher and crew are starting another round of testing for Ghost skies and they feel they are very close to having a polished campaign.  This will be more like FS for Cliffs and not "historical" like SOW.  They need Red pilots so we would be back in Spits and Hurries. 

I am going to lend them a hand and test then try and make one night a week at least.

They run on Tuesday and Sunday start is 9:30 eastern

MattE
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 07:27:04 am by AKA_MattE »

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Skies Testing round 2
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 01:38:37 pm »
I am going to try and get a flight in on their server tonight.

If you have not flown this or want a refresher check out http://ghostskies.com/en/rules

Hit the "player procedure" tab and Make sure you read the despawn section and below!

I would also highly recommend everyone read the how it works section

http://ghostskies.com/en/howitworks

MattE
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 01:47:10 pm by AKA_MattE »

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Blasto

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 08:41:17 am »
S!~
 Missed this last Tuesday. With the vacuum created by SoW ending- this is perhaps the best bet for Cliffs.  Its too bad AKA doesn't have the same set-up as SoW- and could welcome the now vacant SoW server players into our fold. In the past- it seemed there were numerous options for flying campaigns- and now there are but few to none.
 As for flying Saturdays- with three active teenagers- a thriving business- fishing spring crappies- shooting sports- motorcycle riding- and an acre to mow/ edge/ and detail - and lastly ( but of course firstly ) " husbanding" my lovely wife of 20 years- its almost impossible to sit down at 8:30 pm CST and fly a game. It is a bit easier in the "cold " months here in Minnesota to fly on Saturday nights- but for now- I will attempt to show up on Tuesday nights to test or whatever. Also- with the option to again fly Spitfires and Hurricanes- it should be a great time! It can be a moral killer to have a long gap between campaigns- so the faster we support this - the better for our squad- the better for Ghost Skies- and less chasing in and out of ATAG.
 Looking forward to this- and I ask those interested to try to post here sometime to support Matte in his prod to this new challenge. Or just show up Tuesdays and have some fun together- for together AKA can compete with anyone.

S!~ AKA_Blasto

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 09:28:54 am »
Thanks Blasto, I think this will be a fun campaign, very much in the style of FS.   The second mission is on Sunday, but it is still a bit tough.  I don't think the mission timing is set in stone.  The one thing Stecher has figured out is that Flack does not contribute appreciatively to bandwidth so in GS running into LARGE flack batteries can happen and it is a sight to see!

Though it is a dead is dead style and there is time penalties for getting wounded and not making it back to base in a timely manner, if you do have to sit out due to being shot down you can man a tank or a AAA gun at any time.

MattE
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:31:28 am by AKA_MattE »

Certified DCS Aircraft