Author Topic: Burma 1944/45 Campaign  (Read 6180 times)

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Burma 1944/45 Campaign
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2016, 08:05:29 pm »
Also Rel, forgot to ask .... I know we had the mini map turned on in the practice server, are we going to turn it on for this campaign. We never really said officially yet. we only said we were going to turn it on in the practice server to see if you could get it to work. So what is the decision?
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2016, 11:35:15 am »
Sorry Rel, had to take the wife to a Dr. appt Tuesday evening. I should be up on Wed evening though.

Sounds good, we can try Wed at 6:00PM Pacific if that works for you.

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2016, 11:41:06 am »
Also Rel, forgot to ask .... I know we had the mini map turned on in the practice server, are we going to turn it on for this campaign. We never really said officially yet. we only said we were going to turn it on in the practice server to see if you could get it to work. So what is the decision?

I don't think there's been a decision.   We do have the toggle smoke option in the campaign of course, which gives both sides the grid location.  I guess given this is such a big map, at least this intel can be useful for the enemy to find lost airmen.  Otherwise, it would be even easier for everyone to sneak around as they'd constantly have their location figured out on the mini-map.

Personally, I like having just the smoke and no mini-map, as it does increase the importance of paying attention to landmarks when going to/from targets.  If  you get lost you risk giving your position away to the enemy if you toggle smoke.

However, I'd go with whatever the majority wants...   Maybe a poll would be in order, but only for those participating :)

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2016, 12:57:36 pm »
6-6:30 Pacific should be fine. Ill pop on TS tonite. Regarding a poll that would be fine also. Perhaps we can take a quick poll before flying on Friday.
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2016, 04:11:10 pm »
OK - actually I said I'm meeting with Agile on Tuesday @6 but I meant Wednesday.  Should be OK, as there are items we can discuss that are applicable to both of you so it would save me a little time if you're both there.

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2016, 10:32:52 pm »
I just wanted to say, both sides have done a great job... and I now the Axis side is eager to fly Allied aircraft, and wish you guys well, but both sides have advantages... and disadvantages. Having just a few pilots on each sides has us all taking small resource and spread very thin. Just saying, it don't matter which side everyone is on, it's win for the AKA. There are no secrets about anything, only strategies. Though, it looks like we may have a weeks off between the end of the 1st half, and the start of the 2nd half. Labor day Holiday is coming up in 2 weekends too. Then, we fly totally different planes. Be careful, you may get what you wish for!

LOL

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2016, 08:30:52 pm »
Rgr that Ram, both sides have flown well, it's been a fun campaign even with the relatively small numbers.

That said, with our last mission of the first phase of Burma 44/45  this Friday, I hope everyone who's flown the campaign has enjoyed it as much as I  have.   I know there are still some things that could make the campaigns even better, like points for  territory gained/lost.  However, that said if you have any other suggestions (e.g. using float planes to drop supply/fuel, good idea Grey, next pacific campaign! :) ) feel free to let me know.

With Labor day coming September 5th, I'm not sure if that's going to affect attendance on the 4th.  Otherwise it would be nice to take a short break so I can reset the campaign files before we switch sides and begin phase 2.  That would mean taking at least Sunday, August 28th off and starting Friday, September 2nd.    We could also take a full week off and resume on Sunday, September 4th.  Agile, Grey, let me know your thoughts.

As briefly discussed, after the Burma 44/45 campaign, the next campaign will be Italy.  Since the battle for Italy went from September '43 to September '44 we have some options.  I'd like to look at the aircraft used during that time span to see what looks the most interesting and has the most variety - then use that to decide the approximate time frame.

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2016, 08:52:03 am »
Rel, I know I can't make the 28th at all so a short break would be nice. As for restarting on either the Sept 2nd or Sept 4th either would work for me. However I think Labor Day also falls on that weekend here in the states. Not sure if people have any travel plans for that weekend, but for some people that weekend people usually take their last end summer fling short trip or family picnics. At least a lot of people do here in the midwest US.

That may have some impact on peoples attendence to a campaign mission. Just saying keep that in mind, so re-starting on the following Friday - Sept. 9th may also be something you may want to consider.

Offline AKA_Agilehunter

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2016, 08:16:35 am »
S!
REL and Grey, et al:  I would like to start on the 9th of Sep, since I'm sure Labor Day and the days around it will be poorly attended if we start any earlier.

So, my vote is the 9th.

Thanks,

Agile

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2016, 01:47:24 pm »
Thanks Grey, Agile.

That's the plan, we'll start phase two on Friday, September 9th.

I'll try to reset the campaign by tomorrow, and then run a test mission on Sunday the 4th - attendance is optional.  As long as we have a few guys show up that should be good, just to make sure no one sees anything strange (that we haven't seen before - I.e. We know about the issue with the bad spawn point at Rangoon).

S! Rel