Author Topic: TF Patch Ver 4 is out  (Read 3759 times)

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
AKA_Scorp

Offline Recon

• View Profile
Re: TF Patch Ver 4 is out
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 12:25:39 pm »
I recommend the bit torrent approach btw - it's the simplest way to get it (and personally to install it as well)

Offline AKA_Agilehunter

• Operations Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 02:47:16 pm »
OK!  Downloaded the 4.0 patch thru the torrent and have the two files in my Download folder.

Also, have made copies of conf, confs, confuser, and user files and put in folder on desktop.

Do I now just run the exe and point it at my COD game folder???? or is there more to it??

I'll be checking here an on AKA TS to find another brain that knows, lol.

S!  Agile :-\

Offline AKA_Agilehunter

• Operations Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 04:19:15 pm »
Can't extract the files..says corrupt!!

Should I DL again?

ARGHHHH

Offline AKA_Agilehunter

• Operations Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 04:56:10 pm »
HOLD ON!!!  I got it to work...I think.....going to test now...

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 05:10:04 pm »
Of Course I am doing a garage sale tomorrow and I am slammed..   What are your first impressions??

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 06:00:48 pm »
It's like a new game, I put my res back up to 1920x1080, can see and track targets and don't need to mess with gamma :)
AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Trapper

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 05:47:26 pm »
Where is the bug thread at ATAG ?  I can't find it.

1.  Cannot select track to test frame rates.

2.  When I'm want to finish a single mission I hit ESC and it drops me to the desktop.  Then I have to kill the launcher via Task Manager

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 09:01:15 am »
My overall impression is very, very good.  I have gotten a substantial increase in-frames with my old settings (most everything was on medium) and now with most everything on high and the long distance drawing clouds on I am running around 45 fps, though I do drop into the teens around large cities (I still need to work that out).  The ability to see other aircraft is greatly improved and makes a huge difference.  Also the over all look is more crisp than the last patch and official version which I like

FM wise I did blow up a Spit 1’s engine without really pushing it, I am pretty sure Team Fusion are going to correct some of the Merlin’s easy overheat issues.  The 109 handles a little better now and it seems the Hurri is competitive now (I fought one in a 109 and it was not a push over).

If you have not grabbed it yet jump in!

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Blasto

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 06:55:38 am »
S!~
 First sortie lst night- tho' I had it installed Sat. eve.- been busy. Seems really good- Ill have to change soom settings back- but we'll see. Fast and furious ; took off bombers overhead- Scorp tears by in his hot-rod Hurri- blasts a bomber out of formation- I smack No. 1 hard and then pound No.2- their gunners find their range on me- wound and riddle my bird. I dive to Manston- attempt a hangar fly-thru- abort at last sec.- land  with one gear- Scorp rt there on the tarmac- shaking his head- lol. Second sortie I got immediately tqangled with two Kraut 109 jock w. alt on me- spun it twice -dove for home- time for some tweaking- theclouds were "popping"- weird. Seems the 109 turns better than it did- Ill find out soon.
 From the read- me it would seem this is a German upgrade- but maybe not. No stick time yet- maybe tonight if my wife can keep her hands off me- which seems to be hard for her lately! lol This game can wait- woman wanting cannot...heheh She'll prob. be cold as ice tonight- so probability is Im flying... ;)

S!~ Blasto
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 06:58:15 am by AKA_Blasto »

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 08:36:01 am »
Seems the 109 turns better than it did- Ill find out soon.

It does not really turn better, but it does not stall as violently as it did before so 109 pilots can stay in a turn fight longer.  Also I think a slow stall fight in a Spit against a 109 will be more dangerous than before, the Spit will stall/spin more violently now while the 109 will hang in there better.

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 03:58:33 pm »
Where is the bug thread at ATAG ?  I can't find it.

1.  Cannot select track to test frame rates.

2.  When I'm want to finish a single mission I hit ESC and it drops me to the desktop.  Then I have to kill the launcher via Task Manager

old tracks won't work

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 03:59:40 pm »
My overall impression is very, very good.  I have gotten a substantial increase in-frames with my old settings (most everything was on medium) and now with most everything on high and the long distance drawing clouds on I am running around 45 fps, though I do drop into the teens around large cities (I still need to work that out).  The ability to see other aircraft is greatly improved and makes a huge difference.  Also the over all look is more crisp than the last patch and official version which I like

FM wise I did blow up a Spit 1’s engine without really pushing it, I am pretty sure Team Fusion are going to correct some of the Merlin’s easy overheat issues.  The 109 handles a little better now and it seems the Hurri is competitive now (I fought one in a 109 and it was not a push over).

If you have not grabbed it yet jump in!

MattE

heat settings are all fixed now.  I think if you run at 2800 rpm/6 boost below 15,000 ft you will be ok

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 04:01:24 pm »
btw - I'm all for flying German if we want.  Maybe we try it as a group - I know last Tuesday night we did, it was fun to do and learn something different.

I'd like to perfect a new plane - keeps the game fresh  :)

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 04:13:09 pm »

heat settings are all fixed now.  I think if you run at 2800 rpm/6 boost below 15,000 ft you will be ok

Did they release a hot fix?  Buzsaw mentioned that the time to overheat seemed too quick and was going to adjust it.

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft