Author Topic: Burma '44 - post 7/22 mission fixes  (Read 984 times)

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Burma '44 - post 7/22 mission fixes
« on: July 23, 2016, 09:57:59 am »
S!

I took a look at the campaign files and I figured out why there were no static parked planes at Pyuntaza airfield.  As I hinted, I found that I only had RED parked aircraft at that field in the relavent campaign template file, so since BLUE controlled the base none showed up.  I added BLUE parked aircraft and ran a test and the parked aircraft are there now.   If they don't show on Sunday (they should), then they should show by the following mission at the latest.

I also added an A6M2-N Rufe float plane to the Rangoon airbase as suggested.  After generating a test mission, it showed up on the list and I was able to spawn in it.  So, for all BLUE pilots, when spawning at the Rangoon airfield PLEASE SPAWN IN AN A6M2-N RUFE FIRST TO ENSURE YOU ARE NOT GOING TO EXPLODE IN A VALUABLE PLANE!!! :).  Also, I noticed that the spawn point that is causing the explosions is not a real spawn point according to the Mission Editor, so that's probably why we have a problem (bad quality assurance for this map :( ).

Lastly, I found the three spawn explosions from the logs (Hang, TG and Rage) and at Rangoon I increased the Ki-61 count by 2 and the Ki-84 count by 1 based on the three losses.

Thanks for your help last night in determining the issue.  At Rangoon, it seems that whoever is the THIRD pilot to spawn is the victim of the spawn explosion.  So you may want to keep track of that when spawning at that field.  I.e. have two go in, have the third go in and select a plane but not spawn (so as not to explode), then have the fourth, fifth, etc... Then the third guy can go elsewhere and spawn and I suspect no one will explode (my theory :) ).

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Burma '44 - post 7/22 mission fixes
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 10:24:42 pm »
Thanks Rel, I'll remind my guys about the aircraft spawn issue at Rangoon during our next mission at our pre-flight briefing.

S! Grey
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 09:21:58 am »
Thanks for checking the planes issue at that field. To make sure everything is set fair and square, though, I searched for and would have killed about 700 enemy planes parked there in this last mission, so rightfully, we should get the enemy force reduced by that many planes.
However, since I am a bird-brain of honor, I'm willing to accept a reduction in force of enemy (Japanese) planes by only 500. I WOULD like you to know that I only would have aimed for the Franks and Zeros, so I'm OK with your reduction of only those particular models. I would have made sure to only do the destruction in equal numbers (250 each).
I mean, fair is fair, right????

Gos
-the more fair accipitor
Come on now, you sceptics, look at my image. Would that beak lie???

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 10:00:30 am »
LOL - I'm for it if Grey agrees :)

Offline AKA_Taipan

• Commanding Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 04:14:09 am »
What God said......I also shot two invisible planes belonging to Wonder Woman, three chickens and a goat....
I may have maimed a field mouse too!
Oh, I also peeked in the woman's shower as I flew over...I saw Wonder Woman in the shower.. I'll never be the same :o

Sink your teeth in...Let go only when dead.

Offline AKA_BUCKY

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 10:42:34 am »
I'll be AFK this weekend as I'm out of town, unless I can return a little earlier on Sunday. 

Good luck gentlemen!