Author Topic: OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT STORM OF WAR SoW 4.0  (Read 1206 times)

Offline AKA_BUCKY

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT STORM OF WAR SoW 4.0
« on: September 10, 2016, 12:09:46 pm »
SoW 4.0 Start Announcement
Unread postby Admin (Dietrich) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:48 am

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

STORM OF WAR

SoW 4.0

The Storm of War team are proud to announce the commencement of the fourth "Long War" campaign. In the intervening time, we have worked hard to implement new features, better command team control, extra meta-gaming, superior statistics and a host of new targets and objectives. For a list of new features and concepts, take a look at the pre-announcement.

This announcement is to advise everyone of the schedule for the start of the campaign.

Mission 1

Sunday 11-Sep-2016 : approx. 12:00 BST (= 1100z / UTC)

We aim to start the server at 12:00 London/UK TIme. This time is approximate as no-doubt there will be some last minute tweaks and tests. As a result, don't panic if there are some slight delays as we start-up. The first mission is a real mission, and it is part of the campaign, but it is also a last soak test and we might have some problems. Pilots should be aware of that, and that we might have a restart if there are issues.

But in the same way it is a test for us, it is also a test for you. This is a perfect opportunity for squads to test their spawn points, aircraft, assign joystick buttons, sort out key mappings, and practice flying. We know that many of you will not have flown CloD for a while, so please do NOT try out your return to the sim by flying (and crashing) a Spit IIa or 109 E4N.

Mission 1 is fully live, in that there will be the correct campaign starting parameters, correct aircraft stock and targets. Losses that occur in Mission 1 are permanent.

But in the same way it is a start-up, it is also a chance to carry out recon, and make the first tentative probes across the Channel to test the mettle of your adversaries. In the same way that the real Battle of Britain started cautiously at first, we have the same here.

Server check

(between missions)

At the end of the first mission, we will evaluation the situation and check on the server parameters. As a result, there will be a small downtime between Missions 1 and 2.

Mission 2

Sunday 11-Sep-2016 : 18:00 BST (= 1700z / UTC)

With the first mission done, the second mission will be full-on. It will also be our first "Event" with triple points. We anticipate that the server will be busy (part of the motivation for Mission 1 is to ease players and server alike into the new campaign).

Any damage done in Mission 1 will still be there and, by now, the first re-supply stocks will have started arriving. We expect a lot of activity and a very exciting evening. However, once Mission 2 is running, the server will be switched over the automatic and will run continuously thereafter (problems aside!).

As an event, we will not be supporting individuals who are trying to get set-up. If you are worried about start-up issues, either do it in Mission 1, or contact your command team or squad leader.

Best wishes to you all for SoW 4.0

sincerely,
The SoW Admin Team.

Offline AKA_BUCKY

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT STORM OF WAR SoW 4.0
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 12:11:04 pm »
Anybody up to meet tonight and Fly?    Looks like the first mission is early Sunday morning here.. Sunday at 7 AM EDT I think.  Then Sunday afternoon at 1:00 PM.  Can anybody confirm?   I might get up early and fly a little...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 12:17:15 pm by AKA_BUCKY »

Offline AKA_Agilehunter

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 07:00:48 pm »
Love to be there, but can't make it.  I really like SOW.  Hope to join you in the future.

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 08:33:08 am »
Sorry I could not make this, I was backpacking with my son and did not get back until later in the afternoon.  Did anyone make the mission?

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Blasto

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 10:49:15 am »
S!~
 Yes Matte. Did make it. Launcher crash at 6.5 km - re-start- lost first persona.
RE-start - found friendly bomber group over England- engaged and hit a Hurricane attacking them- vectored our other 4 into them. Then 5 enemy fighters attacked us- I got hit in rad. glided for 8 min- then got finished off by a Hurricane- fire- bailed - captured.
Took off found another Hurricane near Cape Griz NEz with Wiley- killed him. Found another over the Tri-fields- Wiley and I killed him also. Landed at Liegescourt. Last sortie - climbed out over channel-sweep - found 5 enemy fighters above us at cons- engaged - hit one- fighters everywhere- rally at Bolougne- dove to help JG51 - hammered a Hurricane- he pulls up into me- collision- exploded. Done fro the day- exciting to say the least.
 Later in the day / night - ferried two E4's into Crepon to have 2 of those - and 1 E-1  / 1 E3 there. Hit the sack. Flying tonight - hope to see you guys online.

PS: That stats are wacked- both for mine and for others.  They are showing more deaths than actually happened- so AKA looks like we lost 9 pilots- we did not lose 9. Check your stats for 'Player Killed". Mine shows 3 when it was 1. Hope they can fix it.

S!~ Blasto   8)

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 01:09:46 pm »
Sounds like fun - I need to go through the steam procedures that Ram and MattE posted - I hadn't started CLoD lately so I want to make sure my install doesn't get messed up either :).

Are we going to have squad SoW nights?  Or just jump in when we can?  Friday and Sunday evenings (17:15 and 16:15 pacific) are busy with the IL2/46 campaign, Thursday and Saturday evenings (18:00 pacific) are busy with DCS, so for me Monday-Wednesday would be the best days.

I'll try to get my CLoD going soon...

S! Rel

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 03:25:39 pm »
Nice Write up Blasto!  I cant make it tonight but I will try and be there either Tuesday or Wednesday or both.

Wednesday is the normal COD night, though there has been some Tuesday night flying as well.  SOW is a persistent campaign so once it is running it is up all the time (with the exception of the server rotation).  Most of the action happens during the European time frame, however one of the reasons we went Blue was to have more human opposition during the North American times.

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft