Author Topic: Gave the DSL Serviceman the talk  (Read 888 times)

Offline AKA_BUCKY

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Gave the DSL Serviceman the talk
« on: October 09, 2016, 03:28:11 pm »
Was having some connection problems which caused me to call Frontier DSL for service.  The repair guy came over and I told him: "look, I'm in an international competition flying WWII aircraft in a combat flight simulator.  I lost 2 air frames in 2 separate missions because of these disconnects AND THAT CAN'T HAPPEN !!!".  He looked at me with an expression of disbelief but then proceeded to work on the problem.  He left and a short time later called me to say he had fixed it and was also able to bump my speed up.   I guess sincerity pays off!  LOL

Crap... guess I spoke too soon.  Still having problems...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 07:07:58 pm by AKA_BUCKY »

Offline HellCat (Sully)

• View Profile
Re: Gave the DSL Serviceman the talk
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 03:32:09 am »
I feel your pain Bucky ...I have DSL from Frontier and it sucks ass! They have been out here several times and it's still a shit 3rd world connection speed. If only I had any other choice ...If you have another choice take it!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjGiYiYhNDPAhWMMz4KHZlTCSYQFggdMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Ffrontier-sucks.com%2F&usg=AFQjCNG4XRb4AdT49tO6QKWjxEAQRBj0Bg
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 03:33:45 am by AKA_Sully »
Cougar PS 700W l i5-7600K @ 4.7 l 16GB DDR4 2400 Ram l 500GB Corsair SSD & addlink SSD 512GB l GTX1080Ti black edition l Win7 64 bit

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 05:35:43 pm »
There should be a cable option other than DSL. Isn't Comcast in your area?

"Death from above"

Offline HellCat (Sully)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 10:10:05 am »
I would definitely go cable if I could ....and you should too...
Cougar PS 700W l i5-7600K @ 4.7 l 16GB DDR4 2400 Ram l 500GB Corsair SSD & addlink SSD 512GB l GTX1080Ti black edition l Win7 64 bit

Offline AKA_BUCKY

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 05:59:28 am »
Well Sully, Gos, I took your advice. I'm about to get cable internet access on Friday.  I signed up for cable service with NewWave.  I have 5Mbs with Frontier and I'm done with them.  I have to say though, they have really tried to make it stable but maintenance on copper phone wires just doesn't seem to be well supported in our area.  I guess that comes with the decline of the land line.  Knut has a similar problem where he lives with his DSL service....Wiley too.  You would think there would be a national security effort to support the maintenance of land lines, especially where essential services are solely dependent on them.  We know that's not where the money is though. 
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 06:15:16 am by AKA_BUCKY »