Poll

How do you want to fly the Italy Campaign

With AI and Humans on both sides (Same as the present campaign)
The Squadron vs AI, with some humans on the AI side

Author Topic: Italy Campaign  (Read 3166 times)

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
Re: Italy Campaign
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2016, 07:37:24 pm »
Come on, Jer. It'll be horrible not having you flying the other side. It's a terrific challenge making it through the mission without getting torched by you and even better yet if one gets lucky enough to get a good shot on you.
Please try to participate if at all possible!

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Jericho

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2016, 02:48:55 am »
LOL you never have problem plucking my feathers Gos..

as mentioned its all work related now, things usually die down after Christmas may be I will get on more, but for now I might be able to squeeze a an  hour in if get home in time , but the management I can do at night so no biggy there.

S! J

Offline AKA_Taipan

• Commanding Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2016, 06:03:35 am »
OK Jer, I'll put you down as commander on the AI side with Thrud and I will back you up as 2 I/C if you would like .
That said, I will fly for AI as well as I know Thrud can't always make it and that should do it for the AI for the Italy campaign unless I have one more volunteer. (We are maxing AI participation to 3 or 4)
I would like to have some more names for the AI campaign after Italy as I don't want the same chaps obligated to fly AI all the time. (with the exception of Jer as he is anti social :o)
We will also need a commander for the human side. If anyone is interested in commanding, please put your name forward and we will place your names on a rotation as commander for the campaigns.
As a side note Grey and Agile have done a terrific job this campaign!  My compliments gents and thank you for all your efforts as commanders.  I hope to see your names put forward as commanders gentleman!
Lastly a big thank you to Rel for all his efforts in making all of this possible for us and Gos for all his efforts with the server and administration.
If you have any questions let me know.
See you tomorrow night gents!

Cheers  Tai

Sink your teeth in...Let go only when dead.

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2016, 04:18:59 pm »
I've already volunteered if necessary, but if you would rather have someone else,,,,,,,,

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Taipan

• Commanding Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2016, 04:35:51 pm »
Thank you Gos.  I forgot about that.
OK so the AI team consists of Jer as commander, Thrud, myself and Gos.
Everyone else will be on the Human side.
As a reminder shooting down the XO, AdmO or Jer is punishable by firing squad and is not permitted! :o

Cheers

Tai

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2016, 05:32:56 pm »
I know TOAD is a friend of Thrud, not sure if anyone offered him a spot on the AI side. I know he is recovering from a broken foot, so he wasn't able to fly with our side much this last campaign.

Also anyone have an idea when or if Rel can get an Italy practice map on the server so guys can start getting familiar with the map?
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Taipan

• Commanding Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2016, 05:45:51 pm »
Toad is more than welcome to put his name forward for the AI next campaign.
For this one we need to ensure some attendance for the AI targets...I mean force.
Jer and Thrud will fly as able and Gos and I will fly almost every mission so you chaps have something to aim for. ;)
Hope this ok with everyone.
Don't forget I will be looking for individuals to fly/command the AI for the next campaign after Italy.

Cheers

Tai

Offline AKA_Jericho

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2016, 07:08:05 pm »
Hi Tai , didn't realize that you were flying for the AI if you want command I can be your back up  ? don't for get Rip and count Zero to invite to fly with the ai .... that would give you at least 4 part timers. didn't big 10 want fly part time as well ?

S! J

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2016, 10:24:34 am »
anyone have an idea when or if Rel can get an Italy practice map on the server so guys can start getting familiar with the map?

No promises but I'll probably start working on the map this weekend.  Busy at work so it may spill into the following weekend.  That means a test mission and practice map probably some time the week of the 14th.

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2016, 10:37:53 pm »
Everyone needs to make sure they have the FA AKA IAG Map folder in their JSGMEmods folder. Please be sure to check this to insure you're not left hanging at the last minute.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Wayno

• Operations Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2016, 04:38:55 pm »
 8)Not trying to induce unnecessary stress on the Scenario designers, but the first most useful thing you can do is identify the aircraft that you plan to use in the Italian campaign. That allows all of us to check out airplane relative performance and build our own practice scenarios. Thank you!

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2016, 06:40:56 pm »
8)Not trying to induce unnecessary stress on the Scenario designers, but the first most useful thing you can do is identify the aircraft that you plan to use in the Italian campaign. That allows all of us to check out airplane relative performance and build our own practice scenarios. Thank you!

Too much stress!!!!!

:)

Not sure yet Wayno, still need to look at matchups, speed comparisons, etc, see what versions of what aircraft make sense.  Time frame is early-mid 1944.