Author Topic: S! AKA  (Read 823 times)

Offline AKA_Avatar

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
S! AKA
« on: November 18, 2016, 07:28:00 am »
Just wanted to take a minute to say hi to all my old (yes, some of you are older than dirt!) friends.

These past few months I have been slowly re-purchasing/stealing parts to build my rig back up and get some decent controllers again. Been doing a little IL-2 Sturmovich (and went to their site last month and saw a little give away and won the Battle of Moscow!) and DCS to try and get my feet wet again... I still have no life, aging/dying in-laws and my step mother..., but am wanting to try and get back into things a little as time allows...

Hope you are all well and have been enjoying yourselves! Maybe one of these days you may actually see me online again... Though I still need to get another headset to be able to use comms. You have been warned!!! ;)

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: S! AKA
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 08:02:46 am »
Sounds Great Avatar!  Looking forward to seeing you online soon!

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 10:39:57 am »
Good to hear from you Av!  That would be great to see you online and more active in the forums.  Best of luck with everything you've had to go through these past few years, I'm sure it's tough, gut-wrenching stuff you're going through.  Hang in there, I'm sure your family appreciates what you're doing for them.

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Taipan

• Commanding Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 11:51:51 am »
Hi AV,
It's good to hear from you. 
Sink your teeth in and I hope to chat on TS with you soon chum!

Cheers

Tai

Sink your teeth in...Let go only when dead.

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 03:51:31 pm »
Outstanding!!! Great to see you may be returning to the flock soon.
Do you need controllers? I happen to have a set of CH controls sitting here, and you're free to borrow them until you buy your own, or check them out and purchase them for a VERY fair price if you're so inclined and find them worth it. Let me know if you need to check them out.
They include the F-16 Combatstick, Pro Throttle and Rudder pedals.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Avatar

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 11:18:25 am »
MattE, Rel, Tai, Gos, thanks for all the kind words and thoughts. Sorry for the delayed response, after my post Friday my wife got home and said let's go out tonight. So we did and she then eventually tells me the the new State budget proposal (she works for the State as a case manager for people with "special needs" [we use to call it mental disorders and retardation but that's not PC anymore...]) lists eliminating her position completely and have it all be private sector. So possibly by July she will be out of work and still a couple of years shy of retirement age... So I may end up selling what I've spent many months re-acquiring. LOL It is actually funny from one warped perspective... So the good news is we may actually be getting out of this crappy State (politically and economically speaking) sooner than I thought! We just won't be able to stay in this State with only my income alone. So hopefully some of my wife's siblings will now actually step up and help out (they live much closer than we do, many only a few minutes compared to our 45 min. drive each way but I digress and am venting a little- see? Aren't you glad I've gotten back online again?...) :)

Gos, I'm currently all set with my hotas, but thanks a million! Once I had a warthog, I couldn't go back to anything else, even my old cougar setup! I've got almost everything I had previous, my warthog, CH pedals, my throttle quadrant (couldn't give that away as 2 pots were bad...) and track IR 5. Just don't have my old MFDs and cockpit chair/setup with triple screens... Just my old CRT, original first flat glass screen CRT great for graphic artists at the time. I found it was excellent for gaming also... and was flat! But it's HUGE and heavy (27") in comparison to today's typical screens. And it was free. :)

Well, it has stopped snowing so I have to run out and try and deal with some more leaves before it snows or rains again. Will type more as time permits.

Offline AKA_BUCKY

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 06:18:39 pm »
Great to hear from you Av.  Hope things work out for you and your family.  We can always use a good stick so hope you will be able to wing up sometime soon...

Bucky