Author Topic: Italy 44 Campaign  (Read 2667 times)

Offline AKA_Taipan

• Commanding Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Italy 44 Campaign
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2017, 11:38:40 am »
Thanks Rel!
There is still time for the allies to surrender :o

Cheers

Tai

Sink your teeth in...Let go only when dead.

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2017, 07:49:43 pm »
Thanks Rel for all the hard work you put in on these campaigns on our behalf.

Quick question tho regarding the AI aircraft. In particular the AI Torpedo planes. Is there a way to see the results of what the AI Aircraft do. Hits, Misses whatever. I have looked in the debrief view and cannot find any results from those aircraft as to if they ever hit any of their targets. The stats section just shows human stats. We just keep sending off the AI Torpedo aircraft and have no idea of their progress. After 17 missions, I'm asking myself what good are they doing.

In response to Taipan, NO THE ALLIES are not going to surrender  :P
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Taipan

• Commanding Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2017, 05:39:50 am »
Unleash the sheep! :o

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2017, 01:12:46 pm »
I used to mess with the specialized German weapons that only work in coop mode. They slewing of weapons takes a dexterity and speed my fingers no longer have. but, IL-2 has lots of toys and goodies from many weapons that we don't fly. I would be fun to have a mission here we could play with some of these... IMHO   ;)

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2017, 09:34:02 pm »
Quick question tho regarding the AI aircraft. In particular the AI Torpedo planes. Is there a way to see the results of what the AI Aircraft do. Hits, Misses whatever. I have looked in the debrief view and cannot find any results from those aircraft as to if they ever hit any of their targets. The stats section just shows human stats. We just keep sending off the AI Torpedo aircraft and have no idea of their progress. After 17 missions, I'm asking myself what good are they doing.

Other than looking at the event log on the server and tracking them down one by one, I don't think there's a way to determine which AI aircraft sank what ships or destroyed what ground units.

There isn't much you can do regarding AI anti shipping aircraft, as I believe the only waypoints available (to the commanders) are where ships are at or could be headed to from there during the next mission.

Offline AKA_Taipan

• Commanding Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2017, 05:26:54 am »
Good idea Ram.
If anyone has a mission with these in or would like to build one we can fly it in the break.

p.s.  Surrender before it's too late.  The sheep cometh to wage war!
Cheers

Tai

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2017, 07:44:09 pm »
I put in a couple hours today on the Italy '44 phase 1 to phase 2 conversion.  Still a ways to go manually moving ground units, changing static objects at the airfields and waypoints from blue to red, and changing the individual territory and other front line object sides from blue to red, etc.  I'll try to make more progress during the weeknights this week.

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2017, 12:02:10 am »
Spent some more time on the campaign files tonight, getting there :).  The front line is almost set, just need to swap another airfield from blue to red, and make a couple of the formerly blue ones neutral (Pontecagnano and Foggia, which will be where the front line is).  Also need to continue moving ground units around so they are on the correct side of the line.  Finally I need to adjust the aircraft inventories and numbers at the airfields.

Offline AKA_Taipan

• Commanding Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2017, 08:57:25 am »
Thanks Rel!

To the German High Command,
Surrender now before it is too late.
The might of the Allied forces will be unleashed shortly including the Special Sheep Service who are highly trained in high value target attacks.
For the sake of humanity, I urge our worthy foe to surrender.
If you stand at the end of your runways in frilly knickers and sing patriotic British and American songs as a sign of good faith, you will be spared.
Songs such as "The white cliffs of Dover"  "Land of hope and glory" or "Wild blue yonder" are acceptable.
We will also accept a good Julie Andrews impression while singing the Sound of Music's "The hills are alive with the sound of music" even though it's not very British!
Should you refuse to surrender, the Allied forces would be happy to review your plans and offer sound tactical suggestions.
For instance, we find that replacing the regular engine with rubber bands provides an excellent boost in speed.
Extreme banking of more than 30 degrees should be avoided at all cost as it causes cases of vertigo and can be disruptive and disrespectful to the other pilot who is kind enough to give you the time of day.
In addition, it is much better to yell "Bang, Bang" than actually firing guns as it scares the enemy pilot much more.
Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in these endeavors.

Respectfully

The Allied Commander.

To the Allied Forces,
Disregard the above message.  I just want the Jerry's to sing songs in frilly knickers for a laugh!
P.S.  The RSM has returned from England and is now inspecting the bases and our aircraft for the upcoming operations.
Gos, just an FYI, he is not happy about the Koko incident!
Just saying.....

Tai

Offline AKA_Agilehunter

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2017, 09:22:30 am »
To the English and Allied Herds:

Your bleatings notwithstanding, the Germanic Horde rejects your puny plea for mercy.

You may bawl and mew to your hearts content, but prepare yourselves for a long prison sentence in our re-education camps.

Cede to us the Italian mainland, and your feeble armies may be spared.

Beware the shepherds of the Reichland!

or some such...

Offline AKA_Agilehunter

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2017, 09:25:31 am »
S! Rel,

Take your time and don't worry, as we all are very thankful of your efforts.

Just make sure Tai has engine troubles.

Agile

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2017, 02:52:48 pm »
RE your post: P.S.  "The RSM has returned from England and is now inspecting the bases and our aircraft for the upcoming operations.
Gos, just an FYI, he is not happy about the Koko incident!"

Tai,

Please let the ACSM know that after sharing the message with KoKo, she offered to let him spank her again "just like he used to."

Not sure what that's all about, just passing along the information. Besides, in my own defense (as it always seems to be) she was already inside the cockpit when I, uhhh, climbed on in. Yeah, that's it!!

;)

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2017, 07:04:23 pm »
Worked on the campaign phase 2 adjustment some more today.  I think I've completed the work for shifting the front line, swapping locations (i.e. airfields, waypoint stops) from blue to red, and moving all of the ground units to the correct side of the lines.  The only thing left is finishing the work to adjust the AI numbers and the human aircraft inventory.

The front line will be Pontecagnano and Foggia airfields, which will start as neutral with nothing on them.  Otherwise the opposing airfields were just too close - this way both sides have a chance to capture one or both fairly early if they can protect their ground units, etc.

Going forward, I don't think I'll do this again (differing starting points for phase 1 and 2), I'll just do the work once, period, then reset at the half with the same scenario and away we go.  Too much work lol.

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2017, 08:14:23 pm »
I DEFINITELY CONCUR!

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2017, 05:25:47 pm »
OK I went through the aircraft inventory and updated it for phase 2.  I tried to get the counts relatively close to what the two sides had in phase 1.  So, I just need to modify the AI flights and we should be good to go.  I'm hoping we can have a test on Sunday, maybe 2 1.5 hours missions at the usual time.

Tai, I'll let  you know once I'm done and have test generated some missions locally hopefully tonight or tomorrow) - just to make sure I didn't mess anything up with the campaign files.  Then maybe you can send out an email out.

S! Rel

BTW I've attached the phase 1 and phase 2 spreadsheets, just to show you I don't just make up the numbers....  I'm trying to keep things relatively even, and relatively consistent between the two phases :). (edit, slight tweak to the phase 2 file)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 11:05:53 pm by AKA_Relent »