Author Topic: Italy 44 Campaign  (Read 2720 times)

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Italy 44 Campaign
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2017, 08:49:27 pm »
There's some strange behavior at the Pontecegnano airfield that was captured by blue in the 2nd test mission, so I need to dig in and figure it out. So, I'd like to continue doing tests if that works for everyone.   Sorry for the delays...

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2017, 01:05:06 pm »
OK, after talking with Scorp a few days ago, I decided to scrap what I did in modifying the campaign manually.  It just didn't seem productive to try and scour all of the campaign files to figure out what was wrong.

So, I took the phase 1 campaign files (starting point), then used the campaign generator to move units step by step using the campaign manager tool.  This included having red units advance and capture territory including airfields, and blue units retreating.  Took me a couple hours and hundreds of mouse clicks, but I think I've got the campaign phase 2 start as close to where I had it before as I'm going to get.

I used the same aircraft inventories as we were using (4 Blue bases with aircraft, 7 Red bases with aircraft, plus the same seaplane bases).  Pontecagnano is neutral, although there are a few red units stuck there (needed to advance these to make the airfield contested), and the fuel/supply/aaa is still blue, so it will shoot at red aircraft.  The Pontecagnano harbor is neutral as well.

Foggia is blue, but I've removed the aircraft, and it's suppressed and low on fuel.  So the blue side won't be able to use it until they bring in ground units, fuel, supply and aircraft.  This way there's still a gap between usable red and blue airfields at the start.

I'm going to run a couple quick tests on the server and see if Foggia will be usable if I bring in fuel/supply.  Right now it's not clickable in the sim, but I think that's OK as it has no fuel (I think Scorp updated the generator to behave like that a ways back).    Then I'll reset and we can try it later today - I'd like to run two 1.5 hour tests again, and maybe two more on Friday to see if it's good.  Then we can talk about an official start date.

S! Rel

« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 01:06:41 pm by AKA_Relent »

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2017, 07:45:07 pm »
Looks promising after the two test missions tonight.  Foggia looks more normal now (different aircraft parked now), and Ponte appears as a clickable airbase.  We'll see how it goes Friday and possibly decide if we are finally ready to go live.

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2017, 12:59:39 pm »
We're good to go (finally!) for the Italy 44 phase 2 campaign start.  Tai should be sending out an email about it soon.  Also, I updated the practice server mission so something new to practice with.

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2017, 07:03:13 pm »
Thanks for all the hard work Rel !!!!
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"