Author Topic: Blue Flag up  (Read 5582 times)

Offline AKA_Topgun

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Blue Flag up
« on: December 22, 2016, 09:34:54 am »
Blue Flag must be fixed.  I see 25 people on it and different targets are being hit than when it was borked up.

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Blue Flag up
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 11:14:50 am »
It looks like they just reset the map.  There seems to be an issue with the F10 menu's, at least that is what Thrud said, I have not jumped in there since the last patch, was too busy flying the Spit iX.

I think they are waiting on something to launch the next round, so it seems ED need to deliver on an update..

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 08:07:24 pm »
Sorry to be negative, but I feel that the allies are getting screwed, they need to let us use the more advanced A-A , 120-c.
If not screw it.

tired of being handicapped just because..... they can find other people who don't care about being screwed...

I tried and found they hold an advantage, but if they want to play alone, good luck...

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 08:18:35 am »
Ram, the allies are not getting screwed by the lack of the Aim 120, the Russian birds only have the 27-R and 27-T not ER or ET.  I personally like the lack of 120 and R77, it turns it from a pure BVR, dodging active homing missiles, to a real fight where at least 50% of the time you make it to the merge and go for an IR shot.  To be honest the best radar guided missile on the server is the 530D.

Blue Flag is not even working correctly right now there is no AI ATM because the last update broke the script so it takes a relatively few folks to capture a location, not to mention it is a test phase anyway.

If you don’t want to fly it that’s fine, I going to keep flying it, it is the best server in DCS right now.  And no, the Reds do not hold an advantage if anything they are at a slight disadvantage since the 27R is such a poor performer.

MattE
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 08:27:49 am by AKA_MattE »

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 09:08:05 am »
Flew a little BF last night lone wolf and was able to destroy all air defenses and the barracks at the FARP north-west of Tablisi/Vasiani with an Su-25T in about 10-15 minutes after I got to the target area.  I still had my Vikhers and went to the nearby Comm array and took out a couple of air defense units before I left due to time running out.  I was damaged from SAM explosions but was able to RTB safely.  With someone flying a Huey at the same time it should be easy to take back some of those FARPs, esp the ones deeper in blue territory.

Offline AKA_Topgun

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 10:58:07 am »
Looks like Red team is about to run the table.  Maybe we should use practice time tonight to help out.

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 12:17:09 pm »
I am up for that, good chance to practice taking stuff.  I will be on a little later, Around 8:00 MST but I will jump in there for sure.

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 12:31:04 pm »
Sounds good, maybe a ground attack/helo combo, with a fighter or two to cover, focusing on on area at a time to recapture.

Offline AKA_Topgun

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 12:36:53 pm »
May be too late.  They are down to 2 cities, and 3 airfields, and one of those is under attack.  I think 1 helo should be scrambling all over the place dropping off MANPADS.  1 other should be bringing troops to take over a target, an A-10 in the air wiping away target defenses, and at LEAST  two good CAP pilots in F-15s keeping the area clear.

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 01:58:12 pm »
With the AI script being busted it is much easier to take airfields, hopefully if they are going to take the map they do it in time to have it reset for tonight.

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 02:01:38 pm »
There are enough Blue in there to hold the Tiblisi, maybe it will be that way in four to five hours..

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Topgun

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 08:42:49 pm »
Anyone know what is going on with Blue Flag as of late.  The last couple days I have checked there was like nobody on it.  Is it broke again?

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 09:44:30 pm »
Not sure, although I saw 40+ earlier today when I checked, so it still seems to be up.  I'm assuming the AI CAP aircraft still aren't working, but that's based on what we saw last weekend.

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2017, 12:32:33 am »
Anyone know what is going on with Blue Flag as of late.  The last couple days I have checked there was like nobody on it.  Is it broke again?

I think between the extended "test" period and the broken AI scripting, some of the regulars are not flying it as much.   Like Rel said I have seen times when there are 40+ folks on there recently, it is just not as consistent as it normally is. 

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2017, 08:56:05 am »
Was on last night for about an hour or so.  Quite a challenge as it was a night mission.  Attacked the FARP in EJ98, but had a heck of a time lining up on the target with the SU-25T / LLTV.  Made it back and RTB'd, another challenge not hitting the mountains and landing at night :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 08:58:57 am by AKA_Relent »