Author Topic: "Potential Newbie & Lurker" Introduction  (Read 706 times)

skc

"Potential Newbie & Lurker" Introduction
« on: November 05, 2013, 11:19:43 pm »
Guys,

Just an introduction to, what for now, will be more a lurker on your forums, rather then a flyer in your squadrons.  The issue being time zone difference which makes your 8pm session become my 3am session! (I am 2hrs East of GMT - I like my bed too much!) I have been looking at quite a few other Squadrons and but must say out of all of them, so far yours still seems the most attractive to me so may hang around.

Because of time issue, if O.K. with you guys, I'll just remain a "Forum lurker" for now & still look  for other suitable Squadrons, and if the time zone issue ever becomes more manageable get into some flying with you guys. (If I not with anyone else by then) I am becoming more and more 'retired' these days so may eventually have more energy and less need of sleep and join sometimes (even at 3am?!)

I have long term experience on MSFS, a fair amount on IL2, but ROF and DCS are new complicated monsters I still have to get to grips with. (So far have finally gone through start sequence on the A10:) Anyway for now I really need an enormous amount of PC flying practice especially on ROF & DCS.
Real world flying.... co-pilot for my Uncle in a Piper Cub who did air photography. (when I was 11), and 3 years in Sailplanes.

I just want to thank Gos for his help in getting me setup with HSFX 6 & 7. He put in time and effort to be of great assistance for me here in "Darkest Afrika." We still have  bandwdth issues, although improving all the time.

Looking forward.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 11:21:16 pm by skc »

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
Re: "Potential Newbie & Lurker" Introduction
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 10:17:55 am »
Good to hear from you, Shawn.
Hope all goes well and we'll se you when we can. You have my contact information: check with me by email or on Teamspeak with any problems.

Gos

"Death from above"

skc

Re: "Potential Newbie & Lurker" Introduction
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 10:12:21 pm »
Thanks...will see how things pan out.