Author Topic: Problems with the game, need immediate help if available.....  (Read 497 times)

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
Played the game (COD) without problem yesterday morning and landed a shot-up Hurricane. Left the game and helped Wayno with BOS. Came back later to fly again and noted I was unable to get a new plane.
The game reflected me in the same shot up Hurricane. External views would take me to an external view but I could not get back to the cockpit with any key assignment using the CH buttons or keys as assigned in the game.
Tried switching to a Spit and Blenheim bomber with same results. Left wings were shot to hell and could not get back to cockpit after going external.
I was unable to select a German field on the map to see if the German plane would also be all shot up. No success in being able to select a German base on the map.
I tried changing my callsign in Steam and tried again. I was able to spawn into a German plane, but the wing was all shot to hell again just like in the Hurricane and other planes and my view commands did not work still.
I'm assuming I need to reinstall the game or have the current install checked by Steam. Cannot recall how to do that. Can someone help me with this?
Also, does anyone know if there is a way to locate the default key assignments for the game? I looked at the conf files and user files but could not find what appears to be the default assignments.
Tried to restore to a prior point without success.
Thanks.

Gos
-the lesser-technical accipiter
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 10:40:24 am by AKA_Goshawk »

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with the game, need immediate help if available.....
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 10:58:05 am »
Were you playing online or offline?

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 02:57:21 pm »
Online.

It now appears that only the server I was using is affected. I was able to use external view as well as toggle friendly and enemy aircraft, but no longer. It appears the server settings have been changed to disallow external views.

I'll hope that's the only reason.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 05:08:14 pm »
The only time I have heard of that is online when server admins have used broken aircraft to enforce a restriction (it was a workaround).

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 08:09:11 am »
That makes sense.
I have subsequently learned that the server in question (TWC Mission) has just imposed new restrictions on external views within the past 24 hours. which also coincides with the problems I encountered. Thanks for the response. Problem has been resolved and I can return to the nest to nap until the next furry little creature or bird comes around.

Goshawk

"Death from above"