Author Topic: Wayno having the following problem:  (Read 946 times)

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
Wayno having the following problem:
« on: April 24, 2017, 05:28:37 pm »
Please help if you have any idea what is causing this anomaly.

He has the game installed on his computer. When he launches the shortcut for the game, he is able to start and play the game OK, but after closing the game and returning to Windows desktop, if he then tries to start the BOS game again he gets a message that another episode of Launcher.exe is already running and the game will not start. If he opens task manager, and closes Launcher.exe and also closes the process, he still gets the same error message if he tries to start the game again.
This necessitates him having to shut down the computer and restart the computer in order to get the game to start again. When closing, it again does not allow him to restart5 without going through the whole shut-down process again.
I tried to copy the game to a different folder and created a new shortcut, which enabled him to start the game again after the restart, but he got the same error message if he tried to restart again.
I suggested he contact customer support at the home page, but if anyone has an idea of a different solution, please advise and shoot Wayno or me an email.
Thanks

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Wayno having the following problem:
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 07:34:22 pm »
is his computer set for 1 or 2 clicks? I have mine set to 1 click for launching icons, programs, etc.

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 07:58:19 am »
Good question, Ram. I thought about that too, since he used to have the computer set to one click, but we changed that quite some time ago to require two clicks.
Thanks for the response. Any other ideas will be welcome, and Wayno plans on contacting the support with BOS.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 11:45:25 am »
Is Wayno running Full Screen Mode in video settings?  If so try turning it off but keep the resolution the same as his monitor and give that a try.

Also I usually start my game from "C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\Il-2.exe" rather than the default "C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\launcher.exe".

Originally  I did this because it gave me about 10 fps improvement.  It just bypasses the first window, if there is an update I run the launcher.exe to get the update.  Just right click on the il-2.exe file and send a shortcut to the desktop.

Hope that helps.

AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 03:18:31 pm »
Very good tips, Scorp. Thank you! I'll pass it on to Wayno.

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• Administrator
    • View Profile

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 09:05:28 am »
Excellent, thanks Ram. I'll have Wayno check to see if the download and web options are checked in his settings. The information given by Scorp resolved the issue as far as just running the game goes. Maybe the additional information will resolve the problem so that he automatically gets notified of updates as well as not keeping a second launcher process running.

It sure is nice having this feedback so promptly. You guys are terrific!!

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 09:46:43 am »
OK. The problem has been resolved in two manners. Wayno is able to run the game without the launcher error showing up and all works fine. Thanks for the assistance guys!!

1. The idea from Scorp worked fine with restarting the game using just the IL2.exe shortcut. The only problem is that he would not know when the game had been updated and would have had to restart the computer to run the launcher program again.
2. Opening the launcher window and going to settings as recommended in the link provided by Ramstein showed that the box next to seed when running, or something like that, was checked. Unchecking the box resolved the issue and he can now run the game as often as he wants without the launcher error.

Nice work guys!
Case closed!!

"Death from above"