Author Topic: My participation in IL2/46 campaigns  (Read 658 times)

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
My participation in IL2/46 campaigns
« on: June 02, 2017, 11:59:00 am »
S! All,

Now that we are into the later stages of phase 2 of the Italy 44 campaign, I've decided that starting with the next (Finland) campaign, I will only fly IL2/46 campaigns on Sundays.

We have been flying IL2/46 campaigns for many years, as shown/saved for posterity via stats on the home page of the AKA site. I've had lots of fun, and still do, but I've realized I've also missed flying WW2 sims with some of the other squad members like Scorp, Wiley, Sully, MattE, etc. who mostly fly BoS/M/K and CoD (and Blasto, where's he been? :) )  Also, after re-acquainting myself with BoS/M/K I've realized I would like to spend more time in that sim since it's so much more up to date, realistic (feeling of flight, damage model, etc.), and with greater eye-candy than we'll ever have with IL2/46.

At that point  (Finland and beyond) I'm going to focus on the BoS/M/K simulator on Friday's since the eastern time zone AKA pilots would likely be up later and we'd get more squad/team flying time than I've seen on Monday's-Wednesday's, as they often have to leave early (with respect to the Pacific time zone).

A couple of notes:

1) I'll still support the IL2/46 campaigns, and if needed I can continue to start the campaign missions on Friday (if I'm around).  If not, Gos and Tai can start it and post the results as well.

2) @Tai - assuming the IL2/46 campaign missions are to continue to operate on Fridays and Sundays, you may want to switch me back to the human side for the Finland campaign since there would be one less (2) pilots on the AI side on Fridays.

S! Rel
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 12:03:11 pm by AKA_Relent »

Offline AKA_Taipan

• Commanding Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: My participation in IL2/46 campaigns
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 02:03:05 pm »
Thanks for the heads up Rel.
I greatly appreciate the support of the ongoing campaigns.

Cheers

Tai

Sink your teeth in...Let go only when dead.

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 05:22:09 am »
I double Tai's sentiment. Let this be a notice to those who do not yet have COD or BOS on their systems. It's a pretty strong indicator that the squad will likely be moving on to the newer sims eventually, and we should look to progressing to that point. Those with questions about why they should consider the move should post their questions here so they can be addressed. There is no timeline at this point, and we do not know what the newer versions of HSFX will bring to IL_2 Sturmovik 1946. Things are status quo for a while yet anyway.

Feel free to post your thoughts, questions or comments.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 02:27:16 pm »
Guess after all these years guys are finally moving on . :)

I had given up and left, maybe it's time to come back

Offline AKA_BUCKY

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 06:58:35 am »
I will also participate only on Sundays in the '46 campaign.  Thanks Rel, Tai, Gos, Grey, Agile, Jericho and all of you for making this event so much fun.  Recon, there are many of us that already fly regularly in BOS and participate in Tactical Air War, right now on Fridays, Mondays, and Wednesdays as well as on practice night Tuesday.  It's a lot of fun when your flying with your Squad mates and Recon, you would especially enjoy the ground pounding aspect of TAW's campaign as I know others do.  Since Fridays and Sundays are Prime Time evening events for Squad participation, we should see what numbers we regularly have with these sims ('46 and TAW/BOS) over the next campaign period.  I really enjoy the comradere we all share, so I hope to wing up with all of you wherever the AKA flies... Quite a few of you also participate in Cliffs and DCS! Don't want to forget them!  We set Wednesdays for Cliffs (we'll see what Team Fusion can develop) and Thursdays are DCS flight nights .  I've downloaded the DCS freeware but will wait to set it up after I return from vacation...Sunday 7/30.  Looks awesome and I will need some help!

Bucky CO

« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 07:02:27 am by AKA_BUCKY »