Author Topic: Hows it hangin?  (Read 593 times)

Offline AKA_Blazin

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Hows it hangin?
« on: June 25, 2017, 10:02:29 pm »
What's up gang? I was thinkin about ya'll thought I'd give ya a shout out. I did a lot of drone racing last year had a lot of fun with it but after the winter I haven't touched the things. Racing was just a fad for me I guess. The FPV is super cool and I'll enjoy messing around but my neighbors sure dont like it if I'm buzzing around the area haha! So since I have mad respect for those who put up with me and my LOUD kids I keep it mostly in the box anymore.

So mostly been working and lately started a new little hobby, plinking targets with a couple of various handguns. I picked up several different Rugers in 9mm and got a membership to a club. Wow shooting is such a simple task that's so difficult thing to do well! I think the rifles are cool too but some reason handguns are just more fun to me. Grabbed an old western style 6 shooter too that's chambered in 45, its amazing, but it was too pricey to keep so I gave it back after trying it out. 9's are very economical to purchase and use. 22 is fun too but I enjoy the bigger blast and a little recoil

Plus, its something fun to do outside away from tech and when the weather is bad the club has an indoor range.  If this hobby sticks with me maybe I can have my boys show me up in a few years when they're old enough.

Anyway, don't want to ramble on. Was thinkin about ya'll and thought I'd say hi and share with ya my latest little hobby! So HIIIII!

haha

Take care guys

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Hows it hangin?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 09:02:34 am »
Thanks for stopping by Blazin - sounds like you've been keeping busy.  Any chance you'll get back into flight simming?  Would be great to see you back in the virtual skies :).

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 12:53:27 pm »
Hey Blazin! could sure could use you back in the skies with us!

Not sure if you can shoot around your home, but if you are around here you an shoot anytime,, lots of room..

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_BUCKY

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 02:09:30 pm »
Hey Blazin.  Good to hear from you Sir!  Drone racing sounds like fun.  Some of us are now flying a fairly new sim.... Battle of Stalingrad and Battle of Moscow.  Not that anyone here has VR but this sim supports it.  Tell me that isn't cool.  This sim is really great without the VR support but I'm definitely interested.... 

Bucky

Offline AKA_Taipan

• Commanding Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 04:32:55 pm »
Salute Blazin,
Drop by the Sqn TS sometime for a chat!

Cheers

Tai

Sink your teeth in...Let go only when dead.

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 07:14:56 pm »
Great to hear from you, Blazin. Wayno and I try to get to the range when we can to keep the rust out of our .40 cal pistols, and enjoy it a LOT!

Keep your focus on those "light bars and level" and you'll be knocking the bullseye out of the targets on a regular basis.

Keep in touch and hope to see you in the air some time soon.

Gos

"Death from above"