Author Topic: Up dater issues  (Read 1059 times)

Offline AKA_Jericho

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Up dater issues
« on: November 25, 2013, 12:33:43 am »
Just tried to fly but the game wants me to up date before I can...ok fair enough looked for up dater thing( to which I thought was automatic) so went into the forums and found this.

8) The game does not update properly, the log includdes the line "Failed to get latest version"?
 Please, download this archive Attached File  Launcher_dbg.zip   1.7MB   200 downloads and unpack all its contents to this game folder ...\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game. Please, DO NOT create a Launcher_dbg catalog in the Game folder. Just unpack the archive into "Game".

After that delete Updates folder (if you have it) from 1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin. Then run the newly added Launcher_dbg.exe file. You may need to use the Recovery button before playing. :o

I did all this and game still fails to update and launch.. just to discover that the you need the server that they supply to be on line for anything to happen so apparently the server is only available from Tuesdays to Thursdays :-\

unfortunately all thru the little testing I got to do last week I had server failures every time I flew  :'(

Thinking ppl will be getting pissed off if this keeps up.

beginning to think early access was the wrong move

S! J

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Up dater issues
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 08:12:21 am »
I am confused BOS is out? wow..... well, those that have it running, what's it like so far? whish I could buy it... too many other things to spend money on..
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 08:14:57 am by AKA_Ramstein »

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 10:24:45 am »
Jericho, try the updater now, you can launch it from Start - Programs - IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad - IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad rather than using the desktop icon.

They switched the server off over the weekend while they got ready for the next update which is out now.  Don't be surprised if the game is unavailable on the weekends for a while.

Edit:
I have the game updated but the authorization server is not available, I suspect it will be running from midnight tonight in Russia so I should be able to get in later this afternoon Pacific Time.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 10:50:47 am by AKA_Scorp »
AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Jericho

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 11:47:23 am »
Hi Scorp ,
I just redid the updater and was successful this time  and also got the message that servers were off line.
wondering why we cant play this off line or is  this future add on I didn't see anything regarding off line play in the forums un less I missed it.

anyone  ?

S! J

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 04:19:51 pm »
The online refers to the authorization not the missions.  The missions are all single player (for now) but your account has to be authorized online to make sure only those with a premium account can play.

I got access to the authorization server at about noon local time (pacific).

AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 07:55:38 pm »
I paid for the $40 version but have not received any notice of the game being available. Should I have been notified about the game being available?
I tried to log into the webpage for the game and I was informed there is no record of my information.
Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 08:18:09 pm »
Gos, you should get access in a week or two, even so you should be able to see your purchase and key code for the game on the website, make sure you activate your key.

AKA_Scorp