Author Topic: TAW, next map up  (Read 593 times)

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
TAW, next map up
« on: June 24, 2017, 11:34:43 am »
For the TAW campaign, looks like the last map Stalingrad Central ended in a draw.  Next map is up, Stalingrad South, same plane set as central, and the plane counts per pilot have reset.

http://taw.stg2.de/index.php

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: TAW, next map up
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 05:51:32 pm »
Just looked at the TAW manual page, and their is a slight change in the Russian plane set with map #4 - the LaGG-3 ser 29 can now take the 23mm, 37mm or the 20mm now.  So, it can help with killing tanks.

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 11:37:43 am »
Axis won the last map (#4), next map is up (#5).

The LaGG-3 is the new default fighter, so if you lose all of them, you will get a free one when the next mission starts.  Also, new available aircraft include the La-5 which can now be earned (e.g. 3 CM) as well as the Yak-1B.  The Germans can earn the Fw-190A3 so watch it! :)

Please see the post I just made and MattE stickied for me regarding TAW info at a glance, in the BOS forum, above (http://akawardogs.co/forum/index.php?topic=1655.0 ).

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 11:44:28 pm »
Map #5 is winter in the Moscow North map.  While challenging, I'm finding that I like it so far - I've done a few hit and run bombing runs with the Pe-2 and I haven't had any problems finding the targets.  The rivers are harder to see so I'm looking at forest shapes and towns more now.  One thing too, as hard as it is for us to find targets, it's just as hard for the Germans to find them and CAP them :).

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 11:53:23 am »
Map #5 ended in a draw (pretty good considering the Germans were knocking on the door)...

Map #6 is up now (7 total maps, hopefully they'll start it again after that), similar plane set as #5.  No Mig-3, although the IL-2 43 version is available, which has cassettes and should be a good anti-tank platform.

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 02:55:21 pm »
Red won the last map, map #6, with map #7 (final map) just starting.  So, everyone's aircraft inventory has been reset - don't forget to check your personal page on the TAW site before you fly :).

S! Rel

Edit - just noticed that for map #7 the Axis get the Bf109G-4 (1/1) and the Allies get the Spitfire Vb (1/1) :) woot! :D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 03:39:28 pm by AKA_Relent »