Author Topic: And Dont Forget!!  (Read 1244 times)

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
And Dont Forget!!
« on: July 24, 2017, 06:10:30 am »
Team Fusion is still chugging on!!  Here is the latest update with some HUGE improvements!!  Two of the biggest issues have been solved!!  I seriously think we will be seeing the TF 4.5 OFFICIAL update soon!

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25578&p=272587&viewfull=1#post272587

Like I have been saying for a while, we are entering the second Golden age of Combat Flight Sims, with BOS/M looking great, DCS striving towards the merge and COD about to get a major upgrade, I am going to say by this time next year we will be so spoiled for choice that it is going to be hard to fly it all!

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: And Dont Forget!!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 07:46:12 am »
I'm already having a hard time flying them all, lol :)...

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 10:58:47 am »
I know..  Between the Jets, Helicopters, BOS/M planes I am not spending very much time in a single aircraft.  I will definitely be flying COD again when 4.5 comes out just to get a sense of the new changes.

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 05:48:11 pm »
looking forward to it - I still just enjoy simpler prop planes!

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 05:55:13 pm »
DX11... man, that is golden... this screenshot here though is beautiful, I think my eyes won't be blurry after playing anymore . :)

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?s=07395c76539db62a99b1b746c31caec2&attachmentid=29504&d=1500734525

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 09:09:14 am »
Some frame rates with the mirror on, and hitting a tree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xonmZ1hHEFc

I think that COD will have a chance to take the top spot in terms of visuals, at least until the 2.5 merge in DCS.  I think BOS/M has had huge improvements, but it is still hazy and not quite as crisp as I would like it.

Fun times

MattE
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 09:12:59 am by AKA_MattE »

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 08:23:56 pm »
BOS has been very fun, but I do think it has a more 'washed out' look compared to CloD.   

The Pe2's in BOS have me hooked right now - and the thought of an A20 - hoping that is just as fun

Wonder if 4.5 will have Wellingtons or if they will save that for 5.0 ?

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 09:48:17 am »
Since the team that was working on COD has been transitioned to BOS, it's a shame they do not find a way to merge both into one sim, with the ability to add more planes and map areas.
Wishful thinking. I too think the graphics in COD are better than BOS.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 10:44:34 am »
They are two different game engines, which in reality is where BOX's Achilles heal is since it is the rise of flight engine and is a bit dated, compared to the COD engine which is newer and was built around everything Oleg had learned from the original Il2.  That said 777 has done a very good job with what they have and expanding the capabilities of the rise of flight engine.  (just a note 777 has said in the past it is a new engine, just based on the old rise of flight engine, but I think that is just marketing).

One of the things the ATAG guys and Team Fusion guys have said is that the engine that Maddox games made for COD is incredibly powerful, so if you can think of it, it probably can do it.  It will be interesting to see how much of a resurgence COD gets and if COD's engine starts to make it a preferred choice for some campaign makers.

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
New Video
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 06:20:14 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USglkcQkDEA

Good Comparison between three versions of the game: The Original Version; The Current version 4.312; and The Beta 4.49 which is what the release version (5.0) will most likely look like.

It is interesting how they have contrasted the textures of the fields more in 4.49, some fields now appear smooth, where before everything has a rough look to it with the exception of airfields.  I hope this corresponds to the roughness of the terrain.   I think the Trees look better in 4.49 as well, they went a little too dark in 4.312 and now have more dimension to them.

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2017, 08:02:36 am »
And another: this one is Dogfight videos against the AI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKusyEflsps

Not bad.

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft