Author Topic: Cant fly  (Read 503 times)

Offline AKA_Wiley

• AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Cant fly
« on: August 02, 2017, 03:54:22 pm »
 S! hello fellas a week or so ago with the last update I was away on vacation so I updated as soon as I got home no problem during the next night something happened  with computer and my wife ran system restore,now I cant fly because the launcher goes right to play and I cant get the update again ,the game will start but when you get to the enter screen I get the message that my game needs updating and only option is to close game,do I have any options here or do I just wait till the next update comes along to be able to fly again?

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Cant fly
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 04:53:43 pm »
I would look in the game file and see if there is an updater .exe in there.

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 05:41:12 pm »
try doing just the launcher ?

C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\launcher.exe

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 08:45:35 pm »
Yep, you need to run the launcher program Wiley.  If you don't have a short cut, you can navigate to it with Windows Explorer, for example look at the image below.

Then use your mouse to right click (and hold) on laucher.exe, then drag it to the desktop or somewhere readily available... then choose "create shortcut" and use that from now on.  Then the launcher will run and update the sim as needed.

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Wiley

• AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 05:10:28 pm »
 S! Yep Launcher stand alone did the trick I had to change shortcut to start game haven't flown yet but I checked and all my settings seem to be in place and good to go Thanks !!! now the next question is I just bought a 32 inch tv to to serve as a new monitor got the cord setup so it should work when I hook it up anything special I should do for resolution settings?

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 05:28:16 pm »
Great Wiley, we miss seeing you online.

Depends on the resolution/number of pixels - what is the native resolution?  I have an Insignia plasma wide screen TV with a max resolution of 1920x1080, which is what I use for all my sims.

S! Rel

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 06:54:49 pm »
Make sure you set up the card to the resolution of the TV.  You might have to put the TV into computer mode (but most dont have that).  Also check the input for the TV (HDMI) and the output for the Card (HDMI or DVI).  If the card only has a DVI out then you will have to get a DVI to HDMI converter.

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 11:02:15 am »
Glad that worked - looking forward to seeing you online