Author Topic: Need some tech advice for a friend with IL-2 1946  (Read 892 times)

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
Need some tech advice for a friend with IL-2 1946
« on: August 30, 2017, 09:42:02 pm »
Gentlemen [HA-HA-HA!! That slays me..], uh, I digress:

I have a friend who is interested in flying IL-2 Sturmovik and he now has his game up to date and he is able to connect to the campaign server.

Here's the problem: He does not use TrackIR, using Track View instead. He has a variety of different controllers, including Thrustmaster and a foreign-made rudder device that I do not recall the name of. If he sets the game resolution to 1024x768 he has the controls and mouse functionality, but the game looks like s--t at that resolution. When I assisted him in changing the resolution to 1920x1080 the mouse does not function at the main menu and he cannot make selections.

Has anyone had this problem or is familiar with it? I would like to help him get this resolved so he can use the higher resolution. He has tried TrackIR but did not have good results with it. (I may be able to assist him with a TrackIR and provide help to resolve the conflicts he had with it in the past, but he would prefer to keep using the Track View application, which he also uses in COD and possibly DCS. His mouse is a wired mouse.

Please give some thought to this issue and let's see if collectively, we can resolve his conflict.

Thanks to all!!

Gos
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 08:48:53 am by AKA_Goshawk »

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Taipan

• Commanding Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Need some tech advice for a friend with IL-2 1946
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 04:16:52 pm »
Hi Gos,
Check the boot priority on the USB.
If his mouse and or keyboard responds only after the boot process, it may need changing.
I wouldn't think resolution should force a mouse to become unresponsive unless his configuration is different than the IL2 cfg.ini
He may have a bad cfg.ini file.
The other thing might be a driver conflict.  If he is not doing so already, try using the windows default mouse drivers.
Just a couple of thoughts on my part.

Sink your teeth in...Let go only when dead.

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 07:57:44 am »
Thanks, Taipan.

Piranha is computer savvy, so should be able to handle that.  He's able to read and post here now as well, so that should hopefully get our ideas to him quicker with a response from him regarding any success.

I had this problem once with IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 some time back when I was trying to use DSR on the video card and do not recall specifically what I did to resolve the issue. Surprisingly, I think it may have been something as innocuous as how I had my monitors set up in Windows. Once I aligned the monitors properly in my Windows settings the mouse came back to the proper screen. Hope it's something as easy as that, but not likely.

Let us know how the progress is going, Paul (Piranha).

Remember, everyone, a temporary cease-fire is happening in recognition of the last official holiday of the summer to allow us to spend time with the families and sweep up the airplane parts from the Finland landscape. Next Friday, September 8, the bloodletting and typical mayhem will resume.

Cheers!

Goshawk

"Death from above"

Offline TWC_Piranha

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 04:45:27 pm »
Hello All:
TWC_Piranha here.
Thanks to fubby for getting me up and running!
I resolved the problem of not being able to use the mouse function when in 1920 X 1080 resolution by right clicking on the il2fb.exe and going to properties and then clicking on compatibility and then choosing Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.
Problem solved!!

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 05:32:10 pm »
I just checked your forum account and sent you an email/message

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 01:58:48 pm »
Excellent work, all. Thanks for the assistance guys.
Oh, and to clear up any questions, I also am known by some around the Internet as Fubbychucker (Fbychkr) which is Fubby for short.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_TG

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 06:26:25 pm »
Hello All:
TWC_Piranha here.
Thanks to fubby for getting me up and running!
I resolved the problem of not being able to use the mouse function when in 1920 X 1080 resolution by right clicking on the il2fb.exe and going to properties and then clicking on compatibility and then choosing Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.
Problem solved!!
Report to moderator     Logged

Piranha Welcome to Il2!

I hope to learn a few things from you about this TrackView.

I have vision impairment, prevent me easily using track IR, so I use thumb mouse on Throttle to do my looking around.
As a result I can be sometimes not be able to see my opponent as easily as the other guys take for granted.

Can you explain trackVIEW in a few sentences?

Thanks in advance!

Offline AKA_TG

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 06:41:56 pm »
Ahh !
I looked up TrackVIEW with Il2.
Who knew ;)

Offline AKA_Wayno

• Operations Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 12:14:52 pm »
Who knows? So what is it?

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 06:55:48 pm »
I dont know Wayno, still trying to figure out what a fubbychucker is!
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 10:06:02 am »
A Fubbychucker is a good friend of mine, Harry Minton, who died of cancer back in 1980. He was my vice president of the Wheels of Justice motorcycle club we founded in the Tri-Cities. He was a state trooper, who prior to his assignment to the Tri-Cities area, worked in the White Pass area near Morton, WA. He worked primarily night shift and had occasion to stop and cite a certain miscreant who liked to test the speeds of his hot-rod in the mountain passes. Both Harry and the kid had CB radios in their vehicles. They got to know each other well enough that the kid would start out the evening by getting on the radio and asking if that "chubby f-cker" was out there. Harry knew who the kid was referring to, and would respond. It became quite a standing joke in the area among the local CB'ers. Harry was a little chunky, but in pretty good shape otherwise, and took the slur as his handle, changing a couple letters to made it cleaner for the youngsters who might be listening. He decided to use the handle "Fubby Chucker," which was really cool.
After Harry died of cancer, I asked his widow if I could use the handle in his honor, and she granted my request.
That is what a fubbychkr is. I'm still trying to get the WA DOL to grant my request for my Harley license FBYCHKR.
Wish me luck.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2017, 04:44:36 pm »
Cool story - good luck on the license plate fubbychucker :)...