Author Topic: patches  (Read 1128 times)

Offline HellCat (Sully)

• View Profile
patches
« on: December 02, 2013, 05:33:45 am »
What are you guy's running? I know it comes from steam with the official updates but do you then add the fusion update? Is this what everyone is using online as well....like at SOW and the ATAG servers or do i need a few installs ?
Cougar PS 700W l i5-7600K @ 4.7 l 16GB DDR4 2400 Ram l 500GB Corsair SSD & addlink SSD 512GB l GTX1080Ti black edition l Win7 64 bit

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
Re: patches
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 07:57:39 am »
We are running the Team Fusion version 4.0 and fly on ATAG server. There are 2 ATAG servers, but only one of them usually has any players on it. We're in the most populated one.
There are a few patches to get along the way and you might send Scorp or MattE an email to get you up to speed on which ones go where.
Hope to see you in the skies soon.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 05:20:37 pm »
Sully!!!  great to see you back in the saddle! We are all looking forward to flying with you!

So you don't need multiple installs everyone plays the latest Patch/Mod (unless you are working on the new one) which is Team Fusion 4.0  You will need to get the 3.0 patch, 3.01 hot fix and the 4.0 patch from here http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100

and here is a Tutorial on installing all of this: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6290

To give you a little background, Cliffs of Dover is officially no longer being developed or supported, however the Team Fusion guys are killing it with their Patches/Mods.  There will not be any "Official" updates thru steam, and if you verify your game cache thru steam it will take you back to the last official update and you will have to re-patch. Also make sure you turn steam cloud off and game updates off in steam for COD so steam does not try to update your game automatically for you.

If you have any questions jump on TS and we give you a hand.

MattE
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 05:23:10 pm by AKA_MattE »

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline HellCat (Sully)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 06:19:34 pm »
Thanks  guy's ....looking forward to flying with you guy's too! Just got my new setup up and running tonight...... downloading the game as I type ..... Still have to install Trackir ...get my MS ffb2/X52 Pro up and operational ... Pedals coming this week too .... lot's to do ....hope it will be a fun winter! I'll head over to ATAG for the updates and fix up steam as well.... Thanks for the Tip's Matte!
Cougar PS 700W l i5-7600K @ 4.7 l 16GB DDR4 2400 Ram l 500GB Corsair SSD & addlink SSD 512GB l GTX1080Ti black edition l Win7 64 bit

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 08:46:23 pm »
Sully, hurry up and join us online  :)   TS !

Will be nice to have another CloD AKA on our side :)

Offline HellCat (Sully)

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 08:18:26 am »
I'm trying ! Still mucking around with my setup ....almost there ..... Still get issues with offline missions ....last night on returning to base ClOD stopped seeing my throttle ....paused went out and checked ...windows still saw it but not ClOD ......went back in and after a bit it came back ...wierd.....

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 04:10:38 pm »
When you say the game stopped seeing your throttle, I suspect you may have seen what appears to nb e an anomoly wherein the throttle response is not noticible if your prop pitch is set too high at certain speeds. Could this be the case? it you experience it again, reduce your prop pitch and slow your speed a bit, then try increasing and decreasing your throttle while you watch the control for this function in the cockpit.
Hope this was it.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline HellCat (Sully)

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 04:22:22 pm »
Hey Gos ...acually it happened while I was on the runway as well I unchecked anthropomorphic option and all seems OK now.

Offline AKA_Blazin

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 06:21:12 pm »
That anthropomorphic option sucks, remove trim from a slider and you will be fine online too. Just map it to keyboard but keep pitch and power on a slider or throttle or whatever you got.