Author Topic: Is Monday night squad night?  (Read 1236 times)

Offline AKA_Wildcard

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Is Monday night squad night?
« on: August 05, 2013, 07:07:27 pm »
I have so many questions about this game.  Like what server do we fly on?  Trying to get Teamspeak to work (mic doesn't seem to register).  Why does the Dr1 blow oil so easily and what are the correct fuel, etc. settings?  The manual is next to useless.  Really got screwed in my one foray online when I hit padlock and found out you can't UN hit padlock.  wtf?  How do you un padlock?  Guess just don't use padlock at all lol.  Then there's the sensitivity settings.  Haven't been able to make heads or tails out of them.  Any ideas?

Did I ask?  We flying tonight?

Offline Recon

• View Profile
Re: Is Monday night squad night?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 05:12:38 am »
Although I flew a bit last night - Mondays aren't easy to make for me.

I tend to be available after 9-10 est and I always hop on our TS - if you hop on and see me come grab me

I've been flying more cliffs of Dover right now but if guys start doing some more ROF I'd join up

My only negative is online I see flying circus is popular server but its just pure dogfight arena

I prefer servers like syndicate with mission objectives and full real settings

Offline AKA_Taipan

• Commanding Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 08:52:27 am »
Salute Gents,
Here is a link to the specific AC manuals.  If they are not good enough I can probably dig up something for you.
If you have not done so , you may need to register.

http://riseofflight.com/en/community/usefulmaterials

Cheers

Tai

Sink your teeth in...Let go only when dead.

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 12:39:55 pm »
Great link, Taipan.
I have a question regarding the Neiuport 28.
Once in the cockpit, I am unable to see out the windscreen unless I duck way down low and forward. This appears to be the only plane with this problem. Is there a way to lower oneself in the seat in some of the planes? I've tried centering the TRackIR to no avail.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 04:14:57 pm »
Take a look here:

http://riseofflight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=393&t=37055

"Start the game, go to Fly Now and pick a plane. Start the mission. Don't start the engine; just stay on the ground. Hit the TIR Center Button. Turn Off (Pause) TIR. Then adjust your head position using insert, home, page up, delete, end and page down keys until you have the sight view you want. Then hit F10 key to lock that view. Turn TIR back on (unpause). Now, whenever you hit the TIR Center button, you should get that pre-selected view.

Once you have done that for each plane, it will remember the view and you shouldn't have to set it again.

A couple of tips:

In the TIR (not RoF) Control panel, you can change the keys used to center, pause and enable precision (I don't use it) TIR. Those keys conflict with RoF commands and may cause you problems. What I did was to change the settings (it's very easy to do) to stick buttons rather than keys. First, so there are no conflicts with RoF and, second, to make them handier to use. I have the Center key right under my thumb because I recenter the view frequently as I tend to move around in my chair a lot during a fight."