Author Topic: GUNS..GUNS..GUNS!!!!  (Read 809 times)

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
GUNS..GUNS..GUNS!!!!
« on: November 29, 2013, 10:38:09 am »
It looks like there won't be an update until next Friday but then we get guns and something to shoot at.

From this weeks update

Let's get specific now - what about the next week? Everything goes as planned as of now and even though there are some technical issues the majority of players are able to fly and enjoy the game. That's why we've decided to start providing game access on weekends earlier than it was initially planned. So, everyone who was too busy to play should be able to get to the game soon.

The next session starts on December 6th and ends on December 9th. We're not yet ready to tell the certain time when our servers will go online the next Friday because we still need to figure out the best way to do it. The next goal is to increase the length of each session. Maybe we'll get to it earlier than planned as well. And of course the Standard edition owners will be joining the early access soon.

Next Friday you'll get the previously known LaGG-3 and Bf-109 F-4, but this time they will get their firepower back. We'll setup 7.62mm and 20mm weapons with historically adequate AR and HE rounds. AI-controlled planes are going to be the targets for you. They will have weapons as well, but they shouldn't be a problem for skilled pilots.

More details are coming up with the next blog update next Friday.
AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: GUNS..GUNS..GUNS!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 02:51:19 pm »
Friday Dec 6, Guns and AI Are here!

First chance to fly vs AI and I loved it even though I was shot down in short order in the first 3 attempts against novices :(

Once I got the hang of it and knew where to look for the bad guys it started to work a bit better.  I got lots of alt on the way to the target and so that I was able to spot them and then used my energy stop them from going guns on.  Once you damage an enemy AC it is just about game over (as it should be).  Even the novices are very good shots so if they point there nose in your general direction they hit you (the reason I got killed in the first few attempts).

The Lagg seems tougher than the 109 but from equal energy the 109 is able to completely control the fight so you are able to pick your shots with it where as with the Lagg you take anything you can get.  It could also be that the Lagg 12mm is more effective than the 2x7mm on the 109.

I`m having trouble spotting enemy AC from about 5 km out but inside that radius they stay visible and don`t fade in and out the way they do with IL2-1946 and still a bit with CoD.  I set my resolution to 1280x720 just to see how that worked and it looks much better than a similar resolution with 1L2-1946 or CoD.  There are a lot of video settings so I would think that any rig that can run CoD or RoF should mange BoS.

There is no complex engine management on the 109 (Rads and Prop are automatic) and none of the AC have trim but I hope that will come soon.  Smoke, flames and explosions look fine.

So far I am pleased with BoS and the progress being made but then I am happy just to see a new flight sim.

AKA_Scorp

Offline HellCat (Sully)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 08:05:52 am »
That sounds great! Thanks for the write up....I have to get busy! ......
Cougar PS 700W l i5-7600K @ 4.7 l 16GB DDR4 2400 Ram l 500GB Corsair SSD & addlink SSD 512GB l GTX1080Ti black edition l Win7 64 bit

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 08:51:00 pm »
+1 sounds good Scorp your getting me more interested - I need to get the update.

I flew the 109 and it was a good ride, time to test the guns