Author Topic: New Warthog HOTAS  (Read 854 times)

Offline AKA_Juggernaut

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
New Warthog HOTAS
« on: December 06, 2017, 07:47:44 pm »
Hello Gents,
I'm suffering from some serious buyers remorse :-\. I purchased a Warthog Hotas to replace my old CH controls which had been damaged by a pet. Now I can't seem to figure out these new controls. When I run the TARGET software, IL-2 will recognize the combined throttle axes but doesn't recognize the split throttle. It also doesn't recognize most of the buttons on the throttle control panel or the throttle. If I don't run the TARGET software, IL-2 will recognize all of the buttons and allow me to assign them in the game interface. However it doesn't recognize the throttle axes at all.

I am searching other forums but haven't found any help yet. I thought I would reach out to you guys and see if anyone might have some advice.

Thanks.

Jugnut

Offline AKA_Juggernaut

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: New Warthog HOTAS
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 06:08:09 pm »
I think I have it figured out. I will let you know how it goes.

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 09:22:31 pm »
Check with Clutter if you're still having issues. He's the expert with that stick I believe. Maybe Taipan too.

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 08:52:58 am »
Hey Jugnut, I also have the Warthog, but I have not played around with the Target GUI software. Are you using it with IL2 Battle of Stalingrad, Cliffs of Dover or 1946?

I use it with the IL2 1946 game, and found out that once you split the Throttle, and you go into the game to assign pathways 1946 recognizes the throttle as two seperate input devices. I have mine setup with the left portion of the throttle set to control my prop pitch and the right portion for the actual throttle control. Works great for me.

If your using it with BOS, setting up the controls may be a little tricky as once you start the game it recognizes the attached. If you started BOS with the throttles attached that may be your problem. You may want to set the game up with two seperate profiles for your stick. One for the attached throttle and another for the detached version. Just a thought. Let me know if my suggestion has any merit as to I still havent set mine up with a final version for BOS yet.
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Juggernaut

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 08:13:59 pm »
Hey Greywolf,
I have figured out that I can't use the TARGET software with IL2-1946. Every time the software creates a "combined device" I would lose the use of something (switches or throttle). If I just use the devices separately everything works fine.

I was able to get the split throttle working after figuring out the "combined device" issue.

I don't have BOS yet, Maybe after the new year. I will probably be bugging everyone again. Thanks for your help.

Offline AKA_Clutter

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 08:47:18 am »
Just saw this post.  I am not an expert in TARGET (yet) but hope to get to it in January AFTER the new system build.

I7 8700K @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Samsung 1 TB M.2,  Samsun 500 SDD, GB, EVGA 11080 FTW, Acer 27" Predator XB1, CH HOTAS and Pedals, Track IR 5,  Oculus Rift,

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2017, 07:39:50 pm »
I have never had a split throttle or this  Throttle Quadrant .... https://www.amazon.com/Saitek-Flight-Yoke-Throttle-Quadrant/dp/B00G6PJN9M

are they worth having or using in our combat flight sims?

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 03:49:52 pm »
I use Target for all my Sims.  That said I dont fly 1946 anymore and you are correct you cant use target because it combines the Stick and the Throttle into one virtual device.

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft