Author Topic: Looking for recommendations re: a new wireless headset w/mic  (Read 958 times)

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Looking for recommendations re: a new wireless headset w/mic
« on: December 11, 2017, 08:39:05 am »
Hey guys, I am looking to replace my old WIRED headset and microphone system with one of the newer wireless type headset and microphone systems.

I have been looking online at Amazon for some of these, but the headsets look extremely huge and problematic for attaching the TrackIR5 Trackclip Pro LED device.

Anybody in the squad have a wireless headset and mic system that also uses the Trackclip Pro headset?
If so, what brand and type are you using. I am looking at the CORSAIR VOID PRO RGB Wireless Gaming Headset and would like some feedback before I decide to buy.

Thanks
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
Re: Looking for recommendations re: a new wireless headset w/mic
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 03:03:45 pm »
YES!!!!
Look at the Teknmotion headset with mike. Been using mine for quite a while now and it's pretty inexpensive. I'll be getting another set when I see it back at Fry's.

https://www.amazon.com/TekNmotion-TM-YW100P-Yapster-Headset-Smartphones/dp/B00HWL98F8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1513206245&sr=8-3&keywords=teknmotion+headset

Gos
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 03:08:01 pm by AKA_Goshawk »

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 11:03:30 am »
That headset doesnt look like a wireless headset.
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 01:39:33 pm »
Oops, did not see that WIRELESS word with sufficient attention.
I have tried a couple different versions and found them to be a pain in the tailfeathers what with the batteries needing recharges and the extra wide headstraps not working with my TrackIR without cutting into them, which I was hesitant to do, so I just stuck with the wired ones.

Sorry.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline HellCat (Sully)

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 09:22:36 am »
This might help Grey http://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-wireless-gaming-headsets/

I had these
https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Surround-Headphones-Microphone/dp/B003VANOFY

They were good but died after a few years .....you just need to be creative as to how you attach your clip by using electrical tape/zip ties/velcro or whatever .... If I remember correctly I  think I taped mine to the top with electrical tape . If you forget to charge or they die while using you'll have to plug in so you'll need to keep the base close enough so you can do that...

If you decide to spend a lot make sure you get 7.1 surround ....it makes a difference and sounds great.
Cougar PS 700W l i5-7600K @ 4.7 l 16GB DDR4 2400 Ram l 500GB Corsair SSD & addlink SSD 512GB l GTX1080 WINDFORCE 3X OC l Win7 64 bit

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 04:36:51 pm »
Sully, Thanks for the info. I decided to go with the Steel Series Arctis 7. It got some great reviews.

Offline HellCat (Sully)

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 12:47:23 pm »
Those look nice Grey  8)..... Good luck with them .... Now I need to fight the urge!
Cougar PS 700W l i5-7600K @ 4.7 l 16GB DDR4 2400 Ram l 500GB Corsair SSD & addlink SSD 512GB l GTX1080 WINDFORCE 3X OC l Win7 64 bit