Author Topic: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover BLITZ Now Available! (Full List) Started by Jaso  (Read 2066 times)

Offline Recon

• View Profile
cool... so I've been out of it for a few days here - question:  is the update any good ?

Offline Recon

• View Profile
reading more details:

I uninstalled everything, deleted all my data folders and then installed the CoD Blitz version from Steam. 

This isn't an upgrade it's basically a new game.  Because of the way they now handle joysticks nothing would have worked so you have to setup all your controls again.

so there isn't a way to save off and reapply the settings - have to set things up from scratch ?

Offline Recon

• View Profile
I have to laugh at this email:

"PLEASE RENAME YOUR CURRENT IL2 STURMOVIK CLIFFS OF DOVER FOLDER INSIDE THE 1CSOFTCLUB FOLDER BEFORE DOWNLOADING"

"hmm, what the @#$@# is a 1CSOFTCLUB folder" - dang, they did not make this game for the average person   LOL

Offline Recon

• View Profile
Re: Saving joystick bindings before installing ?
No. A change was made with this new version of the game, to try and circumvent windows tendency to randomly reset the order of controllers whenever it updated.
Because of this, you will need to completely remap all your axes and buttons. The good news is once you've done it, you'll probably never have to do it again.

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
Hey, Recon. I updated with the new version and find it pretty nice. Install was easy and game runs great. I have only a couple issues to date which I hope to get resolved soon. My mouse stops working after escaping from the cockpit and returning to the map screen, necessitating a C-A-D to shut down and restart.
I'll be trying a reinstall and different mouse to see if that resolves the issue. (crossing fingers too)
The game requires you to warm up your motor a lot longer than in the previous version, but it's not too much of a bother.
Controls and settings for individual planes need to be reset, including the weapons loadouts for the guns if you went to something other than the defaults.
Windows within the cockpit also may need to be reset or adjusted. Otherwise the graphics, sounds and other enhancements are a nice improvement.
Hope to see you online soon.

By the way, to those of us who are retired or otherwise available to fly during the day, we do COD on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 1:00 Pacific for an hour or two, so feel free to join in if possible.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline Recon

• View Profile
thanks - flew a Spitfire 1b on ATAG up at 25k - was pretty good

Offline AKA_BUCKY

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Hey guys.  Can someone give me an install sequence for 4.5?  I don't want to screw it up... like Gos I also have 2 files in the 1C Softclub folder.  Do I rename the Mods one which is the file we use to use?

Offline AKA_Blasto

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
S!~

Bucky- re-name the Il2 : Cliffs of Dover folder - not the MOD folder. Also - if you look in Steam - Library - the game is already there. You just have to download it. The MOD Cliffs / the original Cliffs / and the Cliffs- Blitz are all basically separate games. You can run any of them individually. That said - the update is good - its free - and it's better than before . I've just now bought a I7 7700K @ 4.2 / GTX 1080 8gig card - etc for the game. Its about time for Stalingrad / Moscow - but Ill wait until I have the new system up and running well. Sticking a 40in 4k tv w/ it - we'll see how it goes.
 Good luck ! When you go to start the game - treat it like its a new game- that you use the same control settings for. Also - if you're getting horrible fps - disable Extended Shadows and run some things like grass / trees / and buildings on low - until you can test them higher.

S!~ AKA_Blasto

PS: Gos - trying running the game in Pseudo mode to free up your mouse. If not - check ATAG Blitz bug thread to find solution- its been addressed I believe. God speed!.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 08:37:35 pm by AKA_Blasto »

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Thanks Blasto, I haven't installed Blitz yet.  Good to hear from you, mate - hopefully we'll see you in the skies with us soon, CloD, BoX, etc...

S! Rel

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
S!~

Its about time for Stalingrad / Moscow

S!~ AKA_Blasto

Oh now that is good news!! 

Great to see you Blasto!!

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline HellCat (Sully)

• View Profile
Sounds like its going to be a nice rig Blasto!  8)
Cougar PS 700W l i5-7600K @ 4.7 l 16GB DDR4 2400 Ram l 500GB Corsair SSD & addlink SSD 512GB l GTX1080 WINDFORCE 3X OC l Win7 64 bit

Offline AKA_BUCKY

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Hey Blasto...gotter done!  Man...this looks great  I'm running with I7 4700 4.0ghz  and 970 with no problems.  Actually getting 120 fps... HURAAH! Nice eye candy too! And this is just the patch before 5.0!  If I'm still awake after tonight's mission I'll look for you on ATAG.

Offline Recon

• View Profile
S!~

Bucky- re-name the Il2 : Cliffs of Dover folder - not the MOD folder. Also - if you look in Steam - Library - the game is already there. You just have to download it. The MOD Cliffs / the original Cliffs / and the Cliffs- Blitz are all basically separate games. You can run any of them individually. That said - the update is good - its free - and it's better than before . I've just now bought a I7 7700K @ 4.2 / GTX 1080 8gig card - etc for the game. Its about time for Stalingrad / Moscow - but Ill wait until I have the new system up and running well. Sticking a 40in 4k tv w/ it - we'll see how it goes.
 Good luck ! When you go to start the game - treat it like its a new game- that you use the same control settings for. Also - if you're getting horrible fps - disable Extended Shadows and run some things like grass / trees / and buildings on low - until you can test them higher.

S!~ AKA_Blasto

PS: Gos - trying running the game in Pseudo mode to free up your mouse. If not - check ATAG Blitz bug thread to find solution- its been addressed I believe. God speed!.

looking forward to flying with you soon - have a Merry Christmas!