Author Topic: Update Delayed until Mid to Late January  (Read 244 times)

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Update Delayed until Mid to Late January
« on: December 21, 2017, 09:35:26 am »
Looks like it will be mid to late Jan before we see another update :(

Dear Friends!

Today I bring you some more straight talk about Sturmovik development. Unfortunately, the final release of Battle of Kuban is slightly delayed by a few weeks. Completion of Kuban and the large version 3.001 update that will accompany it will now most likely occur before the end of the winter and hopefully much sooner than that, possibly the latter half of January. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the delay. We are just as disappointed as you are. The Holiday season is upon us and it adds to the delay, but the team deserves a break after a hard year of work and I cannot expect them to work during this special time of year.

This delay was caused by several small events over the course of many months like illness, unexpected bugs, unplanned features being added (my fault) and dedication to making some new features better than originally planned. We are a small team and when one feature or department gets delayed, it can cause a bottleneck in the entire schedule. Luckily, we were able to workaround almost all the delays and keep the larger release goal in sight, but development of the Career took longer than planned and this is the last big feature to add before we can consider Kuban ready. However, because the Career system is intertwined with so much content it is impossible for us to release the remaining airplanes before the Career without causing an even longer delay. The upside is that Battle of Kuban will remain discounted a few weeks longer! Please feel free to take advantage. In addition to the discount, don’t forget that you’ll also receive a unique skin for the IL-2 as a pre-order bonus!
AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Update Delayed until Mid to Late January
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 09:55:45 am »
Bummer - looks like mid to late January there will be a lot of changes to look forward to (BoX update and DCS merges 2.5).