Author Topic: Interesting vid explaining the future of the sim .....lookin' good  (Read 682 times)

Offline HellCat (Sully)

• View Profile
Cougar PS 700W l i5-7600K @ 4.7 l 16GB DDR4 2400 Ram l 500GB Corsair SSD & addlink SSD 512GB l GTX1080Ti black edition l Win7 64 bit

Offline Recon

• View Profile
Re: Interesting vid explaining the future of the sim .....lookin' good
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 04:25:13 am »
This is great news personally - those are all my favorite US planes in one game!!!

Offline HellCat (Sully)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 09:29:28 am »
I know right ....I miss the P-38 and Tempest from 46' ...can't wait.
Cougar PS 700W l i5-7600K @ 4.7 l 16GB DDR4 2400 Ram l 500GB Corsair SSD & addlink SSD 512GB l GTX1080Ti black edition l Win7 64 bit

Offline AKA_Blasto

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 09:37:45 am »
S!~
 Cool. The latest Cliffs of Dover game - "Blitz" - is  pretty good. These additional Il2 games hopefully will be at least to the level of Blitz.
There is only so much time in the day- and with every great game that comes out- I find it hard to keep track .
 The BOS- the BOM - IL2 - Cliffs - in addition to all the jet and chopper sims you guys fly. Wow. But like Recon said - this Bodenplate game has some serious killers in it - and would most likely be a blast. Without bombers it may be a stretch to look for anything beyond potential jabo flights for ground and pound- but the high altitude contrail fight would be epic.  Thanks for sharing Sully.

S!~ AKA_Blasto

Offline AKA_Wiley

• AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 12:14:34 pm »
 S! Not to rain on the Blitz parade but the IL2 BOX series is already far and away above the level of 4.5 blitz, in everything from gameplay, content, graphics,player numbers and potential for the future,you should give it a go Blasto, Blitz is just to little to late,no positive change from Clod 4.3, especially since SOW has already stated that they are moving to DCS all that leaves Blitz is ATAG and a little of that goes a long way.........

EDIT: there are already at least 6+ flyable bombers in BOX,plus all the fighter types except the Spit V can carry bomb loads as well so a lot of potential no matter what your taste

Axis fighter AC
Bf 109s E7,F2,F4,G2,G4
                 FW190, A3,A5
                 MC 202;Bf110E2,110G2
 Axis bombers He111,JU88,JU87

Allied fighters Yak1,Lagg3 yak1B,I 16,Mig 3,P40E SpitV,La5,Yak7,P39L
   Allied Bombers Pe2 A20,IL2
   Plus extra stand alone AC  coming LA5FN and Bf109G6

I may have missed a couple AC but a lot of diff AC available     

« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 03:51:32 am by AKA_Wiley »

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 03:24:22 pm »
Learning curve for BOS is a bit steep, so we should restart training for Tuesdays again as in the past.
Who can we rely on to help do the training on plane ops and tips?

Perhaps a mission can be created for the AKA server with a plethora of AI target aircraft to help hone shooting skills, which are considerably different than in the previous sims.

Looking forward to it.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 09:14:37 pm »
I'll all up for a dedicated BoX Tuesday night, it's the only thing holding me back.  That and when they have a coop server I think it would be fun to all fly coops like the good ole days.

I'm with Wiley, hard to believe, but BoX has a leg up on Cliffs - the new update took forever and the sim feels old to me.  Still no new content, while BoX is generating lots of content.  Blasto, whatever it takes to help you get to BoX buddy.   We are getting a US bomber soon, I hope it's on par with the pe2, as the pe2 is by far my favorite ride in this game.

As a squadron, if we have some dedicated night(s) for BoX would help tremendously - do you all think ?

Offline AKA_Wiley

• AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 03:41:22 am »
 I can help with training,im sure there are other in AKA who have been flying BOX the last year or so who could help as well,im excited that AKA may finally be moving forward with regard to BOX been a long time coming,for those haven't tried BOX you really don't know what you are missing,if you are just getting started with BOX series I would probably suggest getting BOS first as it seems to have most of the common AC seen in  online servers and is a good place to start,then progress to BOK,with later war AC,such as Spit V,109G4,A20 etc...BOM deals with the earlier war AC such as Mig 3,109F2etc,,,,,, Bodenpatte is due out last quarter of 2018,so this would give those who haven't flown BOX time to get up to speed,also full BOK release is due out in the next couple of weeks,due to delay from holidays.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 10:01:47 am by AKA_Wiley »

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I scraped up enough for IL-2 BOP....

;)

I had to have this.... at least got $10.00 pre-order....
that means I will skip something else in my life...

« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 04:49:43 pm by AKA_Ramstein »

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case