Author Topic: TAW Winter 2018 Campaign  (Read 2021 times)

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
TAW Winter 2018 Campaign
« on: January 19, 2018, 10:26:31 am »
http://taw.stg2.de/

Looks like the next TAW campaign is getting ready to kick off.  On start date yet but the stats have been reset.

I will be away for most (if not all this campaign) but if I am around I will be flying Red (that's allied Hang).

AKA_Scorp

Offline Recon

• View Profile
Re: TAW Winter 2018 Campaign
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 01:16:48 pm »
Nice, I'm interested in this - I would like to fly red (that's allied Hang) as well   :)

Offline HellCat (Sully)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 04:35:53 pm »
http://taw.stg2.de/

if I am around I will be flying Red (that's allied Hang).

LoL
Cougar PS 700W l i5-7600K @ 4.7 l 16GB DDR4 2400 Ram l 500GB Corsair SSD & addlink SSD 512GB l GTX1080Ti black edition l Win7 64 bit

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 02:08:29 pm »
I’ve registered for TAW, signing up as red.  Go to the link Scorp posted above, and click the Register link.

I’ve already created a squadron profile for AKA (assumes a prefix of AKA_, so please be sure you put that in front of your handle).  So far, besides me, Wiley has registered, so I added him to the squadron profile.  As more of you register, I’ll add you to the profile so you’ll be included in the squadron stats.

I pasted the post from =LG=Kathon below (to see the plane set, click the link shown in that section, below), and bolded some of the interesting campaign changes.

S! Rel

===================================

=LG=Kathon
Today, 17:44
New TAW campaign starts 20.01.2018 on Sunday evening. (Rel: assuming he meant 21.01.2018, tomorrow)

New features:
Registration is obligatory. Note: you can change your pilot’s name, if necessary in “Pilot profile” after logging in. As before you may have one account for Axis and one for Allied side.
Support for German language thanks to StG2 team. Please visit http://taw-server.de/ger After registration on German TAW site the briefing and messages during the game will be also in German.
Half-support for French language thanks to -IRRE- team. Website is still being translated but if you check French support on English registration form then briefing and messages during the game will be in French.
Mission planner was integrated with TAW thanks to 19//curiousGamblerr. Click on the map on the main TAW page to open mission planner in a new tab. Click on a “Tactical Map #” text above the map to open the map in a full screen.
Attacker aircraft was added to select on the registration form.
More than half 61-K AA was replaced by 72-K
Cold engine start.
Mission duration 2h +/- 5m
Fighters need 25min without any AK/GK to get Combat Mission.
If a pilot damages an enemy aircraft which lands later on the ground (outside of the active airfield) then this pilot gets AK.
Airfields supply system was changed. Previously when transport aircraft landed or supply convoy arrived the city then airfield was repaired by some % in the next mission (max 30%). Now when transport aircraft lands or supply convoy arrives the city transported supplies (max 30% in one mission) are added on the airfield. After each mission about 10-15% of supplies are taken to repair the airfield by this amount of %. In short: airfield is repair if supplies on it are available. You can check supplies level for each airfield in the mission briefing in game. This solution slows down the repair rate of the airfields.
Stalingrad Center map redesigned. No “iron triangle” airfields.
Ground AA have lower AI level during overcast.
Hidden troops inform about nearby enemy aircraft in range 5km.
‘On ground’ sorties are not shown on sorties list.
Assists, max AK/GK/tans streak added to the pilot’s statistics.
Shifted coordinates on Kuban map fixed
Save/load airfield properties (like close for x missions) after server crash fixed.
Combat Missions counter is not set to 0 when pilot has 3/3 CM but hangar is full and no new aircraft is added. In that case it remains 3/3.
Intact vehicles in defense position are no longer generate as destroyed. There was a bug where sometimes it happened.

Plane set:
planeset_taw12.jpg (go here for this post to see plane set image:  https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/21029-tactical-air-war/?p=563510)

* LaGG-3 VYa23 limitation depends on depot destruction.
* Sh37 is limited for the IL-2 AM-38 ’42. Limitation depends on depot destruction.
* SC1000 is limited for the He 111 H-6. It’s not available on frontline airfields and limitation depends on depot destruction.

Notes:
Sometimes there no info about end of the sortie in log files so the results will not be visible on the sortie list. When you start new sortie then the previous one will be updated and available. After mission all not updated sorties are also updated.
The slot reservation system was created for StG2 and =LG=  admins. The StG2 team rents the hardware server and they usually fly in a large group on Mondays. During the peak hours it was not possible for them to join the server in large group. The =LG= team don’t fly in a large group but sometimes we want to test something. If you are kicked out of the server after joining it means that there are no free slots left.  I will add info on the main page when server is full.
There are other changes and updates planned on the web page but they will be done later during the campaign. The manual and rules is not updated at the moment.
Please report bugs or problems at this topic: https://forum.il2stu...rs-and-problems it’s much more easier for me to read and react on those posts.

Registration is open!

Good luck!

« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 05:25:47 pm by AKA_Relent »

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 02:39:35 pm »
Note to Everyone:  Registration is obligatory now!

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 04:06:18 pm »
registered.

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 05:08:54 pm »
registered.

MattE

Added you to TAW/AKA

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 05:26:14 pm »
Registered
AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 05:27:23 pm »

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2018, 05:41:23 pm »
Note this change:  Cold engine start.

Up until now, TAW (and I would think WoL) have used already warmed up engine start.  So, care will need to be taken especially during winter missions to properly warm up the engines before take off.  Otherwise, you may find yourself damaging your engine while trying to take off and being without a plane to fly.

I recommend those who will be participating to try the quick missions in BoX, starting from the ground, with the warmed up engine NOT checked, and give it a go with the various aircraft we will be flying during the campaign (see link near plane set above).

S! Rel

Edit:  I just tried it in a quick mission, Moscow Winter, starting parked, with a Pe-2 35 (custom with everything unchecked).  Basically, what it means is that in a Pe-2, make sure your rads (and oil rads for the 35) are closed, then once your left engine starts, hold down the brakes and throttle up to about 15% or so - otherwise, once the second engine is about to start the first engine will over-cool and shut down.   Same thing for the right engine, once it starts, throttle up as well.  Once the overcool warning goes away, then you're good to go.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 06:05:17 pm by AKA_Relent »

Offline AKA_Wiley

• AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2018, 08:59:16 am »
 TAW has started Sunday Morning,get it while its hot  ;D

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2018, 09:16:44 am »
Registered.

Need to know what TeamSpeak channel we will be using.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 09:19:04 am by AKA_Goshawk »

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2018, 09:45:28 am »
Registered.

Need to know what TeamSpeak channel we will be using.

Added you to TAW/AKA.

If we have a couple or more pilots we’d just use the AKA TS.  If alone, you can either use the AKA TS and see if any more AKA’ers would join, or jump on the TAW TS to try and coordinate with other pilots.

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2018, 12:37:19 pm »
Added AKA_Ramstein to TAW/AKA.

Offline AKA_Hangten

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile