Author Topic: Engine management  (Read 325 times)

Offline AKA_Juggernaut

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Engine management
« on: February 16, 2018, 09:42:09 pm »
S!
Hello all,
Hey, I was trying to get some flying in on the practice server and I couldn't keep up with Greywolf and TG in their p-38's. I was flying a p-38 as well but couldn't figure out what the engine settings should be. Any assistance would be appreciated. I looked in the Aircraft guide pdf file and it has no engine information for the P-38's so I don't have any idea what RPM, prop pitch, or when to change the settings on the turbo-supercharger. Help!

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
Re: Engine management
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 10:01:20 pm »
Prop pitch once you get going can be reduced to 80% which should give you some pretty good speed. Be sure that your rudder is centered and trim your elevator as well. Check with your wingmen on fuel quantity and ordinance. Also, if your wingmen get up to speed without waiting for you to catch up, you're bound to trail quite some distance. Radiators can be dropped a bit after you climb and gain speed but keep an eye on the temps to avoid any overheat. Once you get above about 13K, you'll want to go to the supercharger. Once you do that, your RPM should reduce.
We'll get you sorted out once a proper mission is loaded and we begin our practice mission.
Hope this helps.

Gos

"Death from above"