Author Topic: expecting ice and snow tonight, tomorrow, monday in oregon and washington...  (Read 643 times)

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
expecting ice and snow tonight, tomorrow, monday in Oregon and Washington... might not be able to fly, we get power outages in bad weather.. we shall see..

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Dash

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Certainly woke up to snow and ice this morning. At least in Bellingham, WA
"The difference between being a hero, and being stupid... is timing". -Unknown Vietnam Veteran

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
light dusting here and only in the higher elevs. Heading out for a bicycle ride to Seattle soon.

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• Administrator
    • View Profile
the snow melted from rain but the roads and everything will freeze tonight and power can break then too... also thursday more storms...

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
Jeez, here's why I love Seattle so very very much. :o

Left for the bicycle ride at 9:30, sunny skies with clouds, but dry and no rain in sight. Winds were calm and we had a pretty good (albeit cold) ride for the 10 miles to Seattle along the north shoreline of Lake Washington on the Burke-Gilman Trail.
Made it to Seattle and grabbed a Starbucks, then walked around the University Village. I was glad I brought my sunglasses, but wished for a little warmer top (left my riding jacket in the laundry room  :-[).

Headed back to Kirkland around 11:15 with sunny skies and clouds present, but broken. Winds calm but it felt as if the temperature had dropped several degrees while sucking down our coffees.

We rode for about 1/2 mile and started encountering light rain. Within the next 1/2 mile, it turned to sleet and the temps dropped yet some more. Headwinds of about 10 MPH started and within the next 1/2 mile we encountered light hail, which turned to light snow within the next 1/2 mile. Winds picked up to 15 MPH and some churning clouds appeared overhead.

It turned to rain a short time later and the temps rose a few degrees. After about the next 5 miles, rain stopped and the sun came out, but the headwinds picked up and whitecaps formed on the lake next to our route.

By the time we got back to the truck, the winds died down, sun came out, temp rose about 10 degrees and the roads and trail dried.

Gotta love Seattle weather in the winter.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
In he middle of a bitter winter storm in Palm Springs, temperatures have plummeted to 60F with bright sun and wind gusts.  8)

AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
You pooooor bastage!
 8)

My youngest is spending the week in Palm Springs!

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• Administrator
    • View Profile
In he middle of a bitter winter storm in Palm Springs, temperatures have plummeted to 60F with bright sun and wind gusts.  8)

I had a car lose it's paint stripped away when i lived there next to Palm Springs in Desert Hot springs,, around March are the bad sand storms and winds, you cannot be near i-10 in the area during a high wind storm!

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
CM HAF 922 pc case