Author Topic: @ Tai Gos and Rel game times  (Read 517 times)

Offline AKA_Jericho

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
@ Tai Gos and Rel game times
« on: March 02, 2018, 01:40:30 pm »
Just checking ,
Are we still only playing 1 night a week ?
if so are we running 20 missions per side that's 40 weeks not including your days off that you like to have :) why not run 25 per side and that will do it for the year.. may be we can re introduce a second night in future if there is enough people interested again.

what was decided for the Friday night flying Blitz or Stalingrad ? i will need to update both:(

Thanks in advance

S! J

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: @ Tai Gos and Rel game times
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 05:00:44 pm »
I think so, just Sundays.

I'm open to however long you guys want to fly the campaign.  Obviously the longer I get to wait to build the next one the happier I'll be LOL (just for the work, not flying it).  Actually, we may be at a point where we can start reusing the existing campaigns and flying them again :).

Friday's seemed to be BoX days, but it all depends on the attendance and what guys want to fly (I need to set up Blitz myself, haven't done any key mapping as I hear it's different from CloD).

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 05:03:31 pm »
Yeah, we've gone to 1 night per week for 1946, that being Sunday, same time as usual. Fridays are now for BOS, but if it appears we are not getting the response for BOS we may return to 2 nights per week on 1946. We'll see how it goes over time. COD on Wednesday eves and during the days on Tuesday and Thursday.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Wiley

• AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 09:06:58 pm »
 S! I believe mon,wed and fri nights are BOS nights lets not go backwards here now..............

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 11:24:45 pm »
Not to worry, but we expect to see the more experienced BOS pilots there to make training available for those who are starting to dabble in it. If it catches, great. If not,,,,,
I did not see the training cadre there this evening, but thankfully Rel was there to assist when needed.

Got two kills. Lost two planes.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Taipan

• Commanding Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 05:15:58 am »
Salute Gents,
As a reminder, Tuesday nights are officially designated training nights and it was agreed that the training officers would make themselves available to those wishing to lean new sims.
It was requested that a formal plan be made by each Trg O to assist in this.
Additional training can take place on other nights but should not take place on live servers until the learner has a very comfortable understanding of the particular sim nor should the instructor be distracted from training.
I would ask the Trg O’s to kindly develop training plans at their earliest convenience if they have not done so already.  Wayno can provide assistance in this should you need it and I have a fair bit of reference material on training.
The more familiar one is with a sim the more likely you are to fly it!.
Please note, this Squadron will continue to promote flying of all flight sims by its members and will not dictate specific sims or show preference over a particular sim.
Members of the AKA must fly what they want, not what they are told to!
If anyone has any questions or concerns regarding this, please feel free to contact me directly and I will answer any concerns you may have.

Cheers

Tai
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 05:22:41 am by AKA_Taipan »

Sink your teeth in...Let go only when dead.

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 08:30:55 am »
I concur with Taipan. We will not dictate that anyone fly a specific sim for obvious reasons. In order to try and promote the newer simulations, however, we voted on a schedule to try to expand our participation in the newer sims and people who agreed to take on the task of training. As per our meeting and vote, the flight schedules were decided as follows:

IL_2 1946: Campaign flights on Sundays only, beginning with the next campaign (Pacific).  The practice server will continue to be running 24/7 other than during the campaign times. (To date, there are many in the squad who still prefer this sim to the newer ones and its overall campaign capabilities still far surpass any of the newer sims.)

Cliffs of Dover: Tuesday and Thursday afternoons at 1:00 PST to whenever and Tuesday evenings beginning at 5:30 PST. Missions are flown on whatever server is decided upon by attending members. (COD can still be flown at any time and day if that is the player's preference.)

Battle of X: Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings starting at 5:00 Pac. Missions will be available on the dedicated server or online at any available server. (Training cadre needs to be available during these times to
promote learning this sim. In my opinion, having a newcomer to the sim have to enter a campaign-type server and fly in a TAW mission already in progress with the training participants unable to devote time to the learners does not satisfy the expectations needed to qualify the time commitment in this sim. Just my opinion, and feel free to post your opinions too.)

DCS: Thursday and Saturday evenings.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2018, 02:45:32 pm »
Assuming Tuesday's are the training nights for any/all sims, unfortunately I'm usually in the office on Tuesday's and often get home around 7PM Pacific.  Thus if that is the main night to use for BoX training I probably won't be available during prime time, such as 5/6PM Pacific.

I am usually available for the other BoX nights, Wednesday and Friday.