Author Topic: Pal Visual Mod  (Read 453 times)

Offline AKA_Dash

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Pal Visual Mod
« on: March 13, 2018, 03:52:59 pm »
Pretty sure most of you have heard of it as have myself. But I had no idea you could enter this 1st person mode as if you were the actual pilot and can enter vehicles. Has anyone else seen this? The immersion level that can take place with this is through the roof. I've got all kinds of campaign idea's going around in my head.

Is this too good to be true? Has anyone had any experience with this? 1946 never ceases to amaze even after all these years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2VfAyM8XeU
"The difference between being a hero, and being stupid... is timing". -Unknown Vietnam Veteran

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
Re: Pal Visual Mod
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 05:34:07 pm »
Hey, that's cool. It would be a terrific way to do recon, provided the jeep doesn't get whacked by a half-track. But, since it goes off-road it opens up a lot of possibilities. I wonder if it's compatible with the campaign missions?

Rel?

Thanks, Dash. Nice find.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 06:30:30 pm »
The jeep/kubelwagon has been around for a while, more of a novelty (or for recon only, as you suggested) since you can’t shoot anything with it.  I don’t think we’ve tried including it in our campaigns.  I don’t remember if a mod was needed or if it came with HSFX.

It would need to be set up as an aircraft, which means it would be included in the group of aircraft that could be parked, spawned in, etc, and would need testing.  Not sure we want to include it now that we’ve already started - maybe look into adding it in a future campaign if there’s interest.

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 07:29:54 pm »
Hey Nice find Dash, very cool. Do you know if they are working on adding additional vehicles such as armor units, half tracks?
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 07:58:54 pm »
I would say include it if possible to allow someone to drive the routes searching for enemy columns and tanks. Only one per side per mission I think. It would definitely be a target to search for and destroy asap

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Dash

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 08:09:56 pm »
Another use for this mod..

Virtual Air Shows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu3-Q_-MwJ4

This video is a little long so feel free to skip around in order to figure out whats going on. I downloaded the mod and will be doing testing over the next couple days on my own created missions to see its capabilities and uses for missions/campaigns.

Virtual Museum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Xqojo3Ybk

We could do our own version of a WarDogs museum once a year with planes having our own (new) personal paint schemes/Wardog insignia's.

The ability to take over not only the Jeep/Wagon but to control the pilot on the ground as well is phenomenal. The ideas are endless.

If there is a way to include this into the campaign somehow that would bring yet another layer of tactical immersion. I will be testing what I can on my end with it to understand its capabilities/limits.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 09:13:11 pm by AKA_Dash »
"The difference between being a hero, and being stupid... is timing". -Unknown Vietnam Veteran