Author Topic: Updated the AKA_Server BoX missions  (Read 467 times)

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Updated the AKA_Server BoX missions
« on: March 20, 2018, 12:45:54 am »
I made copies of the 5 BoX server missions in the current rotation, then added the new BoK aircraft, plus a couple that weren't in the missions (e.g. I-16 and La-5).   I couldn't open the last mission (08a) as the mission editor gave me an error.  I changed the rotation to use these 4 updated versions, and jumped into each one just to ensure it was running OK, I could join, and jump in one of the added planes, which I could.

Please let me/Scorp know if you run into any problems, otherwise enjoy the added aircraft :).  I'm still hoping to create new missions and/or at least add a German airfield to these missions, but I still have a lot of reading and youtube video's to watch.  Adding aircraft to an existing airfield isn't too difficult, so I went for the low hanging fruit first :).

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Big10

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Updated the AKA_Server BoX missions
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 05:06:59 am »
Thanks Rel, why did they have to make the mission editor so difficult?

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 07:55:48 am »
I have no idea Big10.  From what I can see everything is based on timers and triggers - it seems they removed a layer of “ease of use” functionality to give it more flexibility, allowing the user to get access to a lot more behind the scenes stuff.  I wonder if they borrowed from/based it on the Rise of Flight editor, which I think is also very complicated.

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 10:54:14 am »
I think they made it so difficult to add in all the features that advance mission and campaign designers need.  A simple FMB such as what IL2-1946 is fine but it limits what you can do.

There are 3rd party single player mission generators around but I don't think there is one for multi-player.

AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 07:59:53 pm »
I tried loading a Coop mission on the DS server today, surprisingly it loaded and was available to join.  Unfortunately there is no way to start the mission once everyone has joined, or at least none I can find. (Rel, as usual I wasn't paying attention when I loaded the coop mission so the one running now may not be the mission/s you modified.)

On a brighter note I scoured the interweb today looking for an online campaign generator/controller.  I was about to go cap-in-hand to Coconut (who seems like a very nice guy) when I followed one of his links to another app he has made available.  Anyway it looks like all the apps to run a campaign are available.  I'm going to start going through them and see if I can make something work.

AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 09:16:42 pm »
Sounds great Scorp - I’d be happy to help with the generator implementation, as needed. 

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 09:14:36 am »
Scorp wrote:
"On a brighter note I scoured the interweb today looking for an online campaign generator/controller.  I was about to go cap-in-hand to Coconut (who seems like a very nice guy) when I followed one of his links to another app he has made available.  Anyway it looks like all the apps to run a campaign are available.  I'm going to start going through them and see if I can make something work."
Relent wrote:
"I’d be happy to help with the generator implementation"

You guys are terrific! I'm confident that once we (?), uhhhh-errrrr, I mean you, can find a way to make it work, you'll find scads more guys willing to take on the sim. Of course, the problem then may be that a newer sim comes along and people will want to then abandon BOS for the newer sim. LOL
Gotta love progress!

Gos
-the "tongue in cheek" accipiter

"Death from above"