Author Topic: @Scorp - question about BoX MP server  (Read 418 times)

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
@Scorp - question about BoX MP server
« on: March 22, 2018, 08:36:18 am »
Hey Scorp - wondered if you know if the BoX missions control how many players can spawn on an airfield (other than going by the number left, of each of the aircraft types at that field)?

We saw something strange yesterday on the AKA server, where only the first three players could pick an aircraft on the single airfield (mission 04 and 05).  The rest got a message to the effect that the maximum number of pilots was reached or some such.

I looked at the config file and it has 33 clients, so it’s not that.  I also reviewed the 04 mission and other than the airfield object, where each of the aircraft had a “count” of -1 (infinity), I didn’t see any other property showing the max number of players.  This leads me to believe that the number of available aircraft is one driving force at least.  I just haven’t been able to find any other properties that could also affect this.

Other than that, some of our guys saw something similar on New Wings, where there were already 3 players on the German side.  When they tried to also go German and click on the populated airfield, they got that same message about the max number of pilots.  This makes me think something in the 3.001 update has affected the max pilots at an airfield.  Maybe a new property or something?  WoL was fine, so maybe they figured it out.

Let me/us know your thoughts.  Also, if anyone else tries to join the AKA server please post if you get the same max pilots message, just in case it was something with the master server.  I say this because the night before, there were four of us flying on the AKA server (mission 04), and we all were able to choose an aircraft and fly OK (me, Agile, Big10 and Mo).

Thanks,
S! Rel
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 08:40:43 am by AKA_Relent »

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: @Scorp - question about BoX MP server
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 09:22:07 am »
Rel,

I'm telling you it the Master Server issue ......... Tron is rearing it's ugly head.  :P
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 04:20:46 pm »
Lol geez Grey, you and your Tron :).

One more thing Scorp - what about spawn points?  I was asking in the IL2/BoX forum and someone mentioned that the spawn points could be full.  To be honest I’m not sure where you set that up but I’ll look into it. He also mentioned the coalition balancer, although I have no idea how to set that up.

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 11:10:17 am »
There is also side balancing that might be turned on, I am sure there is an airbase setting for Max number of aircraft apart from the individual AC types.

And Grey it's not Tron it's Facebook :)

(apologies to Gos)

« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 01:29:57 pm by AKA_Scorp »
AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 11:23:36 am »
MOI???

I'm into neither Tron nor Tran.
I did, however, find episodes of Rin Tin Tin enjoyable as a young accipiter.

Does that matter?
Methinks it's that Greywolf who's pining about that Tron guy/thing/whatever.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 01:55:30 pm »
Had a look at the mission and the server config (it's the AKA config that you are using?) and they both look OK.  I wonder if it is a spawn point thing but I am sure we had more than 3 people in at least one of these missions before.

AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 02:27:16 pm »
Had a look at the mission and the server config (it's the AKA config that you are using?) and they both look OK.  I wonder if it is a spawn point thing but I am sure we had more than 3 people in at least one of these missions before.

I think it’s that one Scorp - I added some comments where I made small updates to the config file, just sort by date to see which one I updated.  I couldn’t find the airfield object that sets the spawn points, have to read the mission editor manual more.  As you said, and me before, I know we’ve had more than 3 players at one time, so I suspect that v3.001 may have introduced a new property or changed something in the old missions that affected the number of spawn points... not sure.

Thanks for looking, let us know if you find something and I’ll do the same.

S! Rel