Author Topic: Our AKA server  (Read 335 times)

Offline AKA_Big10

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Our AKA server
« on: March 23, 2018, 03:24:53 pm »
Is there a way to make a map with a spawn for both German and Allied. That way we could practice with each other and not to chase circling AI.

Thanks.

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Our AKA server
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 03:46:24 pm »
Is there a way to make a map with a spawn for both German and Allied. That way we could practice with each other and not to chase circling AI.

Thanks.

Yes, of course... just have to figure out how to make a simple airfield with spawn points.  Working on it (first trying to understand why we only had 3 max spawn points on the red base).  I'll try to figure it out when I can, unless we can find other pre-made maps with stuff on both sides of course.

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 10:43:05 pm »
I updated the first mission in the rotation, adding two more spawn point objects to the Red/Russian airbase.  I also unchecked one of the properties to see if that also helps with getting more than 3 allowable spawn points at that airfield.  Lastly, I added a Blue spawn point object to the German airfield at Anapa.

I was able to spawn at all three of the Red airbases and the Blue airbase, but I was alone.  Not sure if it will help or fix the issue, but feel free to try it with a few others to see how it goes - let us know here.

Also, the mission is set up like a coop, meant for just Red pilots, so there are Blue AI aircraft that spawn, Blue AAA, etc, but none on red.  I'm sort of using this mission as a test bed to try and learn the mission editor some more.  I'll try to get some Red AI aircraft to spawn if any Germans get near the airfield, maybe a little AAA, etc.  I'm using a different server config file and it's just playing this same mission over and over.  I was able to get the 2 hour time limit to work at least - for some reason the settings weren't "sticking" before.

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 08:20:33 pm »
Good news, in that I figured out what was wrong with the IL2/BoX mission.  It turned out being a property on the fakeairfield object, "Return aircraft" I believe.  After unchecking it, we were able to get 6 pilots to spawn on one of the spawn points at the Russian base.  So, I probably can take out the other spawn points.

Next, I will see about adding some Russian AI aircraft and AAA at the Russian airfield so those who fly German can have something to shoot at.

As said, this'll be sort of a test bed for me, as I'm trying to learn the mission editor.

Thanks for helping to test guys.

S! Rel