Author Topic: Luck and war.  (Read 465 times)

Offline AKA_Clutter

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Luck and war.
« on: March 25, 2018, 08:53:06 pm »
I know that what we do is "wanna be" , pretend, and "virtual", but a reality is often reflected in the games we play.

Today in EVE (yes it isn't a combat flight simulator) I bought a ship 6 jumps from were I was at.  This is a special ship focusing on ECM jamming.  I flew out there, paid my ISK for the ship and then headed back. However, I mistakenly put the wrong destination in the computer.  As this isn't our usually area of deployment, I didn't notice that I was headed the wrong way.  I jumped into the next system and headed to the next jump gate, unaware that I was headed in the wrong direction.  About half way there I get as SLACK message( Yes SLACK can be very useful) saying "Save me bro".  As it turned out one of my alliance members was in the system and tackled (he couldn't disengage the fight) as was slowly, (or not) dying.  I joined his fleet, warped too him (30km away) jammed the Hawk and Tengu that had him tackled.  He warped off, I warped off (and cloaked)>  He made it out with about 20% armor left.

Just goes to show, LUCK does mater.  You still need to know your ship and how to fight, but if it wasn't for luck, he would be dead.

:-)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 11:36:23 am by AKA_Clutter »

I7 8700K @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Samsung 1 TB M.2,  Samsun 500 SDD, GB, EVGA 11080 FTW, Acer 27" Predator XB1, CH HOTAS and Pedals, Track IR 5,  Oculus Rift, PointCTRL, MFG Rudder Pedals

Offline AKA_Blasto

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Luck and war.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 10:33:02 am »
S!~

Cool story Clutter! He's lucky I wasn't in that system with my Klingon battle cruiser- would have Kling-ton torpedoed his starry arse back to the Orian Nebula- lol

Good show!

Blasto-Kon    8)

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 10:39:06 am »
ROFLMAO!!!!
 ;D
As expected,,,, Blasto brought a hearty laugh from me yet again.
Man, I love your sense of humor Blasto, not to mention your uncanny ability to spin incredibly funny
sentences from seemingly out of nowhere.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Blasto

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 11:02:18 am »
S!~

As Shattner said so long ago..." K-a-a-a-a-n-n-n-n-!@#$ !

S!~ Blasto

Offline AKA_Clutter

• Training Officer
  • AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 11:37:25 am »
Blasto - I love it!!   :)

I7 8700K @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Samsung 1 TB M.2,  Samsun 500 SDD, GB, EVGA 11080 FTW, Acer 27" Predator XB1, CH HOTAS and Pedals, Track IR 5,  Oculus Rift, PointCTRL, MFG Rudder Pedals