Author Topic: I seem to have spotted some kind of Hawk..  (Read 556 times)

Offline AKA_Dash

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
I seem to have spotted some kind of Hawk..
« on: March 29, 2018, 08:13:42 am »
Going through some pictures from the air show where I met Goshawk and stumbled across a few good ones. Thought I'd share with the group. Towards the bottom you will see Goshawk fearlessly leading us into battle!

https://imgur.com/a/I0xNS
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 08:18:11 am by AKA_Dash »
"The difference between being a hero, and being stupid... is timing". -Unknown Vietnam Veteran

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
Re: I seem to have spotted some kind of Hawk..
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 09:08:11 am »
Very nice, Dash. Great shots.
If you look on the other side of the monitors from where I am kneeling, you can see Thrud monitoring another youth at the controls of a different computer. There were 6 computers set up in the network where people could take the controls of allied or axis planes.
What is really cool is the planes used in the mission were some of the same paint schemes as those on display in the museum.
Pretty cool stuff that Thrud set up.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Dash

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 09:14:42 am »
I was not aware Thrud did that! So cool! That day had to be the best weather we had seen all year lol
"The difference between being a hero, and being stupid... is timing". -Unknown Vietnam Veteran

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 09:27:45 am »
Yeah, Thrud does this on every fly-day at the museum. Sometimes he will fly from Renton to Payne Field where he parks the plane until after the festivities. He always appreciates help though, so if you're available I'm sure he'd love to have you help out. It's a great way to learn about networking and he's sharp as a tack on this stuff.
I try to help when I can, but not as often as I'd like to due to chores, paying appropriate attention to my Harley, and family plans.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Dash

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 09:34:22 am »
I would love to help out! Being at Flying Heritage feels like home. Set me up a cot in the corner and I'm good to go! I'm currently volunteering at Heritage Museum in Burlington and am really enjoying it.