Author Topic: Box Dynamic Campaign Server  (Read 857 times)

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: Box Dynamic Campaign Server
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2018, 11:40:15 am »
Wow, thanks Scorp, I hope you kept your hair, mine is all but gone so I can’t pull much more out :)...

Yeah, yeah, ok, kiddie pool, got your point Grey ;)

I will try to catch up with you Scorp, but it’s great you’ve got it working at the Default level before trying to tweak anything - a major achievement!

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2018, 12:08:07 pm »
Im learning how to be subtle in my old age  ;)
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Wiley

• AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 01:42:33 pm »
S! Id rather see expert settings on our campaign server,and use looser setting on the practice server that way those that are new to BOX can start and practice on the practice server and when comfortable can migrate and get used to expert settings that are most common with online servers.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 04:15:10 pm by AKA_Wiley »

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2018, 02:32:10 pm »
S! Id rather see expert settings on our campaign server,and use looser setting on the practice server that way those that are new to BOX can start and practice on the practice server and when comfortable can migrate and get used to expert settings that are most common with online servers.

And that’s actually a great point Wiley - if we have both running, the dogfight server aready has loose settings, where newer pilots can get used to the aircraft. if we are ever to fly as a group in public campaigns, most of which do have more restrictive settings, why not practice on our internal dynamic campaign like we will see out on the public servers, so we are not using a crutch..

Offline AKA_Agilehunter

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2018, 04:57:10 pm »
Very much appreciate your extreme diligence, Scorp!  What progress!  Sooner rather than later we should have enough pilots flying BoX for a real run at it.

Thanks!

Offline AKA_BUCKY

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2018, 05:52:19 pm »
I agree Agile.  Big thanks Scorp! Looks like a lot of work!

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2018, 09:56:04 am »
The AKA Dynamic server was down last night, went on this morning and it was back up but with a different map and noticed a few issues. First one was the colors of the sides were different. Usually Allied was Red and Axis was Blue. On this map it was switched. Also there were no fighters available on either side they were all locked out for me, just bombers and transport a/c were available. Not sure if the fighter a/c choices were just ones I didn't have (I have BOS premium, BOM standard along with the P-40E and the Ju52) or if something else was wrong.

S! Grey
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit!"

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2018, 10:03:23 am »
Ok, quick update to my last post. Just went back in and the side colors are back to normal. The fighter a/c are all still locked out for me. Maybe Scorp or Relent is in there updating stuff.

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2018, 10:13:01 am »
Hey Grey - I think Scorp is still tweaking stuff, as he’s had to learn how to make this thing work.  I’m hoping to study what master Scorp has done so I can take some of the load/pressure off him.   At this time I haven’t done anything with the campaign.

I still want to update the dogfight mission we have been using, to add Russian AI, but I haven’t had a chance to get into it lately.

Offline AKA_Greywolf

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2018, 01:20:54 pm »
Thanks Rel, I figured some tweaking may be going on. Yes it would be best to pay attention to Obi Wan Scorp. He is wise in the ways of the BoX forces.

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2018, 04:41:12 pm »
Hi Grey,

Grey time to buy BoK, the map I loaded is a Kuban map that came with the campaign system so I didn't do anything to it but the aircraft are mostly Kuban aircraft so those that you do not have will be unavailable.

Designing a campaign may actually be simpler than it was in our IL2-1946 system but there are things that I am missing.  I tried running a campaign that I had modified last night and it broke the server which took me a while to figure out.  There is some trick to it that might be as simple as how the file is named.

There appears to be a problem with having both BoX servers up at the same time so the old training server may be offline for a while.
AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2018, 05:34:11 pm »
Very cool!!
It took me three tries to get into the server, but finally made it.
Looks terrific, Scorp.

Can't wait to start flying on it.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2018, 10:55:07 pm »
I have also set up a server on my home system so that I can test it there rather than tying up the AKA server.  I have found that small things can throw the control software off but once it is stable it runs well.
AKA_Scorp