Author Topic: Museum Pictures  (Read 609 times)

Offline AKA_Dash

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Museum Pictures
« on: April 07, 2018, 04:58:46 pm »
Did some volunteer work at my local warbird museum today and took some (what I think) are beautiful pictures of our Mustang. Thought you all might like to gawk at her. The very first picture is an excellent view of the laminar flow air foil. The design of that wing is a great contributor to the Mustangs lift capabilities that translated into range.

https://imgur.com/a/84tpE

Enjoy!

Dash
"The difference between being a hero, and being stupid... is timing". -Unknown Vietnam Veteran

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
Re: Museum Pictures
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 09:26:35 am »
Cool stuff!!

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 09:58:31 am »
A long time ago I begged for Mustang pilots to come up and tell us how close the simulators model this bird's FM. I would really like to know how close DCS Mustang is to the real thing.

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Dash

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 02:54:59 pm »
A long time ago I begged for Mustang pilots to come up and tell us how close the simulators model this bird's FM. I would really like to know how close DCS Mustang is to the real thing.

Ram,

The museum is owned by veteran combat pilot and Apollo 8 astronaut Bill Anders. Both Mr. Anders himself and his sons fly the Mustang. Let me rephrase that. Mr. Anders no longer flies the Mustang because its a little too much to do at 80 something years old but flies other aircraft.

His sons both fly the Mustang fairly regularly during "fly season". I may be putting some dots together that aren't meant to be put together but one of his sons career is graphics arts and design (digital). Because of that I'm going to go out on a limb and say its possible he has flown popular simulators. Our first fly day is scheduled for this Saturday (Heads up for you Goshawk if you want to come) and the Mustang is going to be flying weather depending. Regardless the pilots will be there. I will have a discussion with the pilots and see if I can pick some brains on the comparison.

If it turns out the discussion turns into something, I will do my best to record it so nothing is misinterpreted or lost. I myself am very curious to know which sim has the best representation.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 02:56:32 pm by AKA_Dash »
"The difference between being a hero, and being stupid... is timing". -Unknown Vietnam Veteran