Author Topic: Happy Holidays AKA  (Read 1000 times)

Offline AKA_Avatar

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Happy Holidays AKA
« on: December 19, 2013, 08:13:50 am »
I know, a little early, but I wanted to make sure I didn't let the holiday wishes slide and not post this in time due to hectic schedules... So Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all you dogs!

Life is still going along here. Things are slowly calming down with my folks and I might be done "settling" them in by year end. I also had a wrench thrown in the works. Late Nov. I was in a "minor" car accident that injured my upper back and neck a bit so I've been unable to sit at my computer and use a mouse for any extended time without pain impossible. Great timing with RoF and BoS beta testing kicking into high gear now. The good news is that it gave me a good excuse to take a break from working over at my folks house and I've been able to catch up on some much needed sleep! I've slept for up to 10 hours at a clip at night and have even had a 1-2 hour nap on top of that! To say I've been sleep deprived for many weeks is an understatement. lol And because our lives aren't chaotic enough as they are, we also adopted two (yes, you read it right, not one but TWO) new cats into our lives about a month ago. So life has been quite interesting, yet boring with so litttle gaming time... :(

Anyway, as I feel another cramp starting to gain momentum, I hope all of you are well and that you have safe, restful, fun holidays!

Av

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Holidays AKA
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 06:20:49 pm »
hopefully it won't be long before you are well again! Glad it wasn't worse.. Get well and Merry Xmas!  ;)

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case

Offline AKA_Blazin

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 07:12:50 pm »
Hey Av, I haven't been all that active either. My flying hour has been about 11:00 GMT or good ole 6am! lol

At least I found a time I can play, I've been dying to get some hours in the air again. Never got to try CLOD when it was released and just a couples months or so ago upgraded my hardware so it works OK. I'm freakin amazed by it. When I unload a belt load of MG into the backs of a 109 its so incredible looking I can hardly believe it. Actually reminds me a lot of WW2Online, IL2 parts like wings or tails rip off fast, but ww2online is very CLOD like in that you get some smoke or whatever and the plane just tips over and goes in. Always preferred that to the mahem experienced in IL2.

Loaded up this morning after the win 8.1 update and it blew up my usb stick settings. Had to remap everything again, what a pain. My saved config wouldn't work because the device numbering got jumbled up. I tried to align it with CH tool but no go. Ah well, got her fixed up and did a quick test run before I hoped in the car today.

I'm with Ram on your damage report, glad it wasn't worse!! But cats?? Maan... I got one of those creatures, he eats, poops, and pukes on furniture. About it. Not about to kick him out but I do get tired of running the carpet cleaner sometimes.

While you got this downtime checkout an old book I discovered lately, Neuromancer. Was suggested to me by a prof I had who is really into AI tech, does that stuff for the navy now. Its a pretty good read or listen, I did the audible.com way for my drives to work and back. Played that one at least 3 times over, me likey much! lol

Take er easy dude

Offline AKA_Blazin

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 07:20:17 pm »
While I'm at it few more books I did from audible that were good:

The Dictator's Handbook
Ghost in the Wires
The Company, A novel of the CIA
The Routes of Man (pretty weird, guy travels the world to travel the world's roads lol)
The Psychopath Test

Lots of other books in between but I liked those five very much, probably in that order. Neuromancer was just the latest on the list but it's also great

Offline AKA_BUCKY

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 06:51:25 am »
Happy Holidays Gents!

Hope everyone has a great holiday season.  At this time of year I look back at the many accomplishments of the AKA and realise just how damn good you pilots are.  I'm proud of your efforts, our friendship, and our fellowship.   Salute Dogs!

AKA_BUCKY CO

Offline HellCat (Sully)

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 04:39:39 pm »
Cougar PS 700W l i5-7600K @ 4.7 l 16GB DDR4 2400 Ram l 500GB Corsair SSD & addlink SSD 512GB l GTX1080 WINDFORCE 3X OC l Win7 64 bit

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 06:12:49 am »
Hey Av, sorry to hear about the back problems.  Back during the FS time period I had a herniated disk in my neck and it took some time (therapy, drugs, etc..) but eventually got better, I couldn't fly for awhile. 

The best times I have in our virtual gaming world is flying along side fellow AKA pilots!

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! 

Be safe!

Offline AKA_Blasto

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2013, 06:39:19 am »
S!~
 Good Christmas and Pleasant Holidays AKA! May you and yours enjoy time away from work- and find time to re-apply for health insurance these fine days! May your aches and pains fade away- replaced by new ones....remember..its best to give during the Season- so give yourselves in kick in the *ss- and fly more in the New Year!

Ho-ho-ho! AKA_Bad-Santa-Blasto    8)

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2013, 12:11:28 pm »
Good to hear from you Av! 

Merry Christmas all!

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft