Author Topic: The P-47 Will Bring You Home  (Read 401 times)

Offline AKA_Dash

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
The P-47 Will Bring You Home
« on: April 11, 2018, 11:56:10 am »
The punishment this single engine aircraft was able to take never ceases to amaze me.

"The difference between being a hero, and being stupid... is timing". -Unknown Vietnam Veteran

Offline AKA_Dash

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: The P-47 Will Bring You Home
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 11:56:57 am »
This aircraft was strafing ground targets and got a little to low. Prop struck the ground and still took care of the pilot and brought him home. Couldn't imagine the vibration from that.
"The difference between being a hero, and being stupid... is timing". -Unknown Vietnam Veteran

Offline AKA_Dash

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 11:58:24 am »
This pilot took off from the base and shortly after had an oil line blow. How this pilot was able to manage bringing that plane back on the ground is beyond me. I don't know how he even was able to see. Not to mention if the aircraft was to wipe out on landing the amount of oil that covered the plane probably would of lit up like a Christmas tree. In the second picture the pilot appears to be still spitting oil out of his mouth.

Offline AKA_TG

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 03:30:42 pm »
Great P47 stuff!

Nasty stuff that oil too. Must have been horrible fighting to keep it in the air.