Author Topic: OK got it sorted  (Read 409 times)

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
OK got it sorted
« on: April 21, 2018, 01:09:45 pm »
Ok I have the game running smoothly online again (FINALLY).  There was two things I did:  First was I moved the game onto one of my SSD's, it was on my Data/Backup HDD for a long time and so I decided to move it onto one of my SSD's to see if that helps.  The second thing I did was Validate my game installation.  Since I bought BOX originally thru Steam it has the ability to check the integrity of of the main game files.  The process did not give me any information about the state of the game but it did perform the check.   Between those two things I do not have the rhythmic stutters online anymore.  I still get small stutters when folks join a server and occasionally when it seems the game cannot keep up with Tracker IR, but I had those before 3.001

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: OK got it sorted
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 02:06:06 pm »
Great news, glad to see you're back to playable on BoX.  I don't know if Wiley is using Steam for BoX, so if not that option won't be available (although as a last resort he could uninstall and reinstall BoX, but that would mean downloading a lot of data again).

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Wiley

• AKA_Wardogs
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 03:15:38 pm »
 S! no I don't use steam for BOX,but ive been fooling about trying to get it sorted and I think ive narrowed it to certain servers,i joined and flew both ACG and Coconuts servers today and no steady rhythmic stutters in those 2 servers,ran out of time before I could check TAW

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 04:43:08 pm »
Great new Matte, I think modern flight sims have to be on an SSD normal HD's just don't cut it anymore.

AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 09:58:49 am »
BOS has not traditionally run on Steam. Is it now a Steam product? Steam usually does different things with installed files rather than have them all in the same folder.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_DerHuntere

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 04:48:26 pm »
S!
What would a good SSD be, there are alot of them out on the market.
Keep On Flying!!

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 05:40:57 pm »
The SSD that I originally built into my gaming rig was an Intel, back when they were the only (real) game in town.  The one I installed about a couple of months ago is a SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB, they have a good reputation and are Fast.  One thing I will say, I am a bit bummed I did not get the 512GB version, you can always use extra space!

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_MoGas

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 05:43:09 pm »
i would say anything Intel or Samsung..but if its just for games Id go with sandisk or adata. The only SSD I had fail on me was a mushkin. I have Samsung and Intel for my go to SSDs.

Offline AKA_DerHuntere

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 10:59:59 am »
S!
Thanks, with all the stuff out there it is hard to pick.  My current hard drives are WD VelociRaptor's,  500 GB each.

Keep On Flying!!

Offline AKA_MoGas

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2018, 03:32:00 pm »
If it was me and all im putting on the drive was IL246 and BOS these are the 2 picks for me.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147674
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147676

I would go with as big as you can afford. Once you realize how fast these are you will want to put everything on there.. Id do 1 dedicated for OS and the one for games.